Monday, February 28, 2005

OSCARS.......Jamie

I missed the Oscars last night cause I fell asleep really early last night. I got home from work early enough today to catch Oprah's Oscar special and I walked in on Jamie's speech.....It made me cry.....a cry filled with P.R.I.D.E!!! He has come a long way from In livin Color. At a time like now where you have your R. Kelly's and your Michael Jacksons and other black folks just actin a dam fool...it was so refreshing to hear his speech....When he mentioned his Grandma whoopin his ass when he cut up...and her tellin him to "act like you been somewhere"That was awesome....when he mentioned that Sidney Portier(I know I spelled that wrong) told him that basically he was "responsible" meaning don't take your black ass out there and embarass us all!! LOL..... That made me "proud" of him and proud to be black......

note to my non african american readers: This post is not meant to offend anyone or sound racist at all....some blacks myself included feel that we have to "defend" ignorance shown by blacks in the media to a certain extent...that is a whole long seperate post...
2nd: it took how many years for the academy to recognize black actors for leading roles? So you can imagine how exciting this moment in history is for us as a people...two years in a row....whoo hoo.......

2 Comments:

Blogger Diva said...

Hey Diva, it's Diva...lol I saw the Oscars too. My husband watched it with me (I still can't believe that phenomenon happened..lol).
When they paused before they announced Jamie as the winner, the suspense was killin' me! I knew in my heart that he'd won, but still ya never know with "them". I leaped out of my chair and clapped like a mad woman. Go Jamie! Cute lil black dude from Terrell, TX.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Hey diva girly...I luved his speech about his grandma being so hard on him....really made me proud ya know.....when he said "she raised me to be a southern gentleman"...that was awesome...

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home