Saturday, March 19, 2005

childhood battles........

Thinking all night about my youngest son and the boys that took his money.......This got me to thinking about my childhood.

I am the oldest of two. I have a younger brother. He is 2 years younger...I am sooo protective of him....still to this day he is a grown ass man!!!

We grew up in the projects in Chicago...My mom was very young when she had us both (a teenager). She moved around a lot.....men and relationships were her weakness...we moved a lot. Five grade schools....three middle schools.......etc...etc....It was nothing for us to come home from school and she would have our clothes packed and everything in the house SOLD!!

So we were always the new kids on the block! That sucked...guess what? Kids are sooooo mean....I had to fight....kids bullied my brother all the time cause he was passive.....he was quiet..It was my job to protect him. I had to fight to let the kids know that I was not afraid...I even had a fight with a girl in my 3rd grade class cause my mom was messin around with her dad.......yes they lived a few doors down from us. Sad for an eight year old girl to have to try and defend grown ups actions...It's sad that she knew about her dad and my mom....My mom is a whole long post that may come later.....
I fought a lot...not because I wanted to but I felt I had to.....I never ever started the fights!My brother didn't have his 1st fight until he was 13.......cause if anyone messed with him I was all over them like stink on shit!!!

Kids can be mean and cruel....do I regret having to fight so much as a kid....naahh!! I can truly say though I am sooo grateful that my boys didn't have to grow up the same way I did...They have both had a few little scuffles over the years but nothing like I had....I'm not sure if it's because my boys are growing up in a different environment or because i've raised differently...maybe a combination of both......

I'm glad that my baby was trusting enough that he knew to go to an adult rather than fight over $2.00, cause I would have fought over a whole lot less at his age.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home