Monday, March 07, 2005

heartbreak sucks.....

well I got my heart broken this weekend.....I found out that my sweetie of the past two years, is a liar. I'm trying to focus on the positive. He came into my life when I was feeling really bad about my marriage ending....he taught me a lot about myself...he made me smile....but in the end...HE IS A LIAR AND NOT WORTHY OF ALL I HAVE TO OFFER!!!
So I decided to write about what makes me happy!!! Here goes:

1. my boys..they are awesome...all day yesterday while in bed crying my eyes out, they were constantly trying to cheer me up!
2. my girlfriends...non stop calls asking if i'm o.k asking if we need to do a drive by etc..etc LOL
3. a good book....I luv a good book
4. bubble baths....I always feel "brand-new after one
5. a nice clean house
6. music
7. a nice cold beer
8.fresh cut flowers on my table...anything from roses to daiseys
9. new shoes
10. a new purse
11. brand new bed sheets
12. new underclothes
13. a phone call from my Grandma
14. a call from a friend I haven't heard from in a while
15. chocolate
16. icecream
17.a few hours of quiet early in the morning before the kids wake up
18. a few hours alone at home
19. laughter....good from the bottom of your stomach laughter....
20. a good chick flic
21. meeting new friends
22. finding old friends
23. being in lust.......
24. being in love......
25. knowing that I will be o.k and this too shall pass!!

10 Comments:

Blogger JaeZea said...

I know exactly how you are feeling...I am still recovering from a recently wounded soul. I can't offer any words of wisdom because truthfully if I had any, I don't know that they would make sense at this point in time. All I can offer is my heartfelt apology because you are hurting. They say that with time one will heal a wounded soul. Maybe it's true but for now, I say go ahead and get all the tears out of your system. It will make you feel better. As for him who made you cry, good riddance to him! I love that your boys were trying to cheer you up...sounds like you have true gentlemen in your life.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous blackgirliniowa said...

Dee,

I understand what you are going through. I went to a similar situation when I got divorced. I had to learn, as you seem to be, that people come into your life for a season and sometimes for a very specific reason. Mainly, he helped you heal and prepare for the next phase of your life.

Blessings,

blackgirliniowa

1:36 PM  
Blogger Myrah said...

That was such a good idea to list all the things that make you happy because really that's all that matters. And of course your sweet boys! A liar is unexceptable! If you stick to your guns about what you will not stand for the next one that comes along will see your strenght and know he has to step up!
Go do at least 5 things from your list today!

Myrah

1:45 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

Thanks ladies for the kind messages...I can't compare this heartbreak to the one my husband took me through, but it hurts just the same...and I do agree that people come into your life for a reason or a season...he taught me a lot about myself and that was great...
my two boys are great! They are so in tune with my feelings it's sometimes scary....tomorrow is a new day and I will take it on with my head up! Thanks ladies...

2:45 PM  
Blogger Schatzi said...

((DEE)) I'm so sorry you are hurting! A broken heart, or more, broken trust hurts so bad. I like that you listed positive things that make you smile! I'm sure that helped alot. I know you'll get thru this!! (HUGS)

3:02 PM  
Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Blackgirliniowa said it best, in regards to people being in your life for a season. Take the "lessons learned" and dump the rest. Easier said than done, right? Love on your boys some more, because something positive just came out of their actions as growing men.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Ms Pigsley said...

I dated several creeps after my divorce. Had to wade through alot of frogs before I finally met the prince.

I'm sorry you are hurting right now. You'll get over this though and be better for it. I've been there, believe me. Give us all his email addy and we'll spam him! ;-D

7:27 AM  
Blogger Diva said...

The last time my heart was broken, I had girlfriends constantly checkin' on me too. It took them forever to get me out of that sea of self-pity that I was swimming in..no, doin' the freakin' backstroke in!! LOL But when that cloud lifted, GIRL it was amazing. I made a big pitcher of kool-aid and danced around the house to Jody Watley's "I'm Lookin' For A New Love"! My girlfriends took me dancing every weekend!
In hindsight you do gain lessons. The most important ones come from introspection. Don't focus on that dude...focus on the DIVA. You are strong, beautiful and extraordinary girl! Now go strut around like you own it!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

thanks sooo much for the advice ladies....I really appreciate it....advice is different when it comes from strangers....we all have had the same experiences no matter how "different" we are...thanks...

3:18 PM  
Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Hmm....Diva says "clouds" and you say "this too, shall pass". See the connection, Sista Gurl? :o)

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home