Thursday, April 21, 2005

Am I in the gym or on the runway?

I have just "re-discovered the gym. I have been going almost everyday. I go with my gurl sometimes and sometimes I go alone. Tuesday night I even took the boys....C.O.M.E.D.Y My teenager swears he is mr. muscles...I mean he is a big young man....he eats hella good...LOL The youngest kept saying "mom this treadmill stuff aint nothing" LMAO I said sweetie you are 12 and i'm not......we acctually had a good time. The teenager said "mom the guy said you can add me to your account for $15 a month...shoot that's nothing" I replied well when you come up with that nothing.....i'll gladly add you...lol

Last night i'm on my treadmill bored but determined to do my full hour....I look around and notice a lot of college aged people....there are a few pople my age and a few older folk. I wear whatever to the gym. I have 1 pair of "running" shoes...the rest of my tennis shoes are "cute" not really functuional....just you know cute all white K-swiss for the cute lil denim skirts.....pink and whit adidas for that pink lil tennis skirt.....you get my drift...I go to the gym in what ever....old t-shirts....old cut off sweats...hell if they were not so freakin tight, i'd be in the gym with my jean cut off's.......

I look around cause i'm really bored....(dam I need that I-pod). Why are theese heffas permed up? Wraps just bouncin and shit....Theees chicks got on NICE ass sweat suits with matching soes...i'm talking Puma...Adidas....Nike.......all the "name brand shit"

I ADMIT I AM A LABEL WHORE!!!!!
AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT MY FRIENDS SAY.........

I was like dam is this a fashion show? Should I go change? there is no way in hell lil miss prissy with the banging ass wrap is getting he sweat on.....YALL KNOW WE WILL NOT EVA.....EVA....EVA...EVA SWEAT OUT OUR "PERMS".........UNLESS THERE IS SOME "NAKEDNESS GOINGZ ON!! There are a lot of women there getting their workout on...in fact there are a few women that motivate me to just do that extra 5 minutes............I give them their "props"

What's up with the fashionista's? Or is it just me? Do I NEED A GYM WARDROBE?
Maybe they think that because

8 Comments:

Blogger coley said...

I know exactly what you're talking about...I go to 24 hr fitness (well sometimes) and it needs to be renamed to 24 hr hookup! To answer your question, No you don't need a gym wardrobe, wear what you want when you want! Oh and you forgot to mention all the hefa's w/ the make up all caked on and shit. WTF is up with that? Maybe it's me, but I thought the point of going to the gym was to work out ???

8:05 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

I go to the gym to work up a sweat. I do my cardio and weight training. Some others come to look good for the opposite sex. Yeah, I'm sure gyms are a cool place to pickup folks, but hell, you can do that in the parking lot.

10:05 PM  
Blogger mrs.tj said...

First of all, you know when you "sweat" no matter what your are doing, you tie up the new wrap! Secondly, Umh...you ain't trying to scuff up the cute shoes! Third, WE are on a budget - we can afford club clothes and work clothes, no where in the budget is there a place for work out clothes.
Fourth, you don't want no sweaty funky dude from the gym trying to sit in your car and talk, he is trying to pick a chick up at the gym cuz he don't have one - and you know those work out dudes eat up ALL the food. NO THANKS
BUT...If you are looking for a guy at the guy we will have to re-evaluate the whole comment. Cuz you know you could out dress them heffas in your sleep! Holla at your girl. :)

6:59 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

the rest of my post was cut off...Maybe they think cause it's Magic Johnsons 24hr fitness that he will show up with his celeb/nba buddies...LOL When they do show up, i'll be ther with my cut off sweats and a scarf to hold my braids outta my face.....LOL
COLEY: what about the heffas on their cell phones?
Nikki: the parking lot is like a club...folks just hangin out...i'm tired, I just wanna go home....
Mrs t.j: I aint trying to pick up gurl i'm sooo not cute at the gym....LOL I'm jus trying to get my 30 sumthin body right.....

10:02 AM  
Blogger Diva said...

Dee! Hey boo! Yeah, I'm still dealin' with this freakin' strep infection, but you know I had to come see my girl. Bump them chicks and get your workout on girl. They ain't got nothin' on us, cuz we're in our 30's and we're peeking like a mofo!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Ms Pigsley said...

No Dee, you don't need a new gym wardrobe, you need a new gym. The one you are going to sounds like it is thre singles club. But hey, that might not be too bad!

I need your help if you read this. I know you were raised in Chicago so pah-leese help with me a BBQ tip. The hubster and I are going there next weekend for our anniversary and we want some good BBQ. We've seen Lem's on food network. Can you recommend Lem;s or another BBQ place? We are BBQ addicts so it has to be good BBQ. Thanks! You can email me at mspigsley@gmail.com if you want or just answering me here if you like.

2:00 PM  
Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

I resorted to running OUTSIDE and bought my own crosstrainer. I HATED trying to go to the gym during lunch, only to have lil' half dressed heffas going in SLOW MOTION on the stairmasters and crosstrainers, switching and never breaking a sweat.

When I went to the gym, I was on a mission. By the time I was done, NObody could think about coming anywhere near me, because I'd be drenched in sweat, smelling like a garbage. I know...YUUUUUCK! But at least they knew I meant business. LoL Plus I wasn't there to impress anyone....just my honey.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Ja-me said...

I want a IPOD too dammit!!! U r my idol, dayum 1hr...you go girl, I am struggling with 30min. Gotta put this winter coat (my extra pounds) in storage until next winter. As far as having a gym wardrobe, I may be the wrong person to answer that question :-)

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home