Wednesday, April 27, 2005

. assistants day......

Today is the day we honor the gals/guys who answer all our calls. Take all our messages. Cover and tell angry folks we are at lunch. Give bill collectors the run around...Or is that just in my office? LMAO Paper clipping, hole punching, faxing, letter opening, chart prepping,supply ordering shit taking secretaries.

With out them (we have 7 in our clinic) I would not be able to do my job with the ease and the grace of a true "nurse diva". I appreciate all they do cause I sure as fu*k wouldn't be able to do what they do Monday thru Friday!!

Yesterday....yeah i'm last minute...I went around to all the Dr.s here and collected all the cash I could. I left my house at 6a.m. this morning got flowers and cards for them. Every year I try and do something for them. They have the toughest jobs here.

I hope all of you remember your secretaries, administrative guys and gals cause without them, all our jobs would S.U.C.K the big one!!!!

If you are one....have a great day and I hope you are appreciated at your place of biddness....

7 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

Yeah, assistants do the grunt work to make us look good a lot of times. It's cool that you're recognizing the ones in your office with tokens of appreciation.

8:03 AM  
Blogger princessdominique said...

Good for you Dee! I was an office aide/administrative secretary for 15 years!!!!!!!!!!!! They sucked me dry and I had to quit to write full time. I didn't get much appreciation. That's a great thing you've done. People work better when they're appreciated.

9:58 AM  
Blogger silentbird said...

I'm a lab technician, and my boss got me flowers along with the other secretaries! I thought that was sweet b/c I don't answer his phones or anything. I just need him to sign papers every now and then. I feel SO special! :)

~Blessings!~

10:24 AM  
Blogger coley said...

Kuddos to you for remembering the "little" things in life. It's so true what Dominique said...People do a better job when they KNOW that they are appreciated.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Dayrell said...

You're right! I sure do apprecaite what sec's and administrative asst's do everyday...b/c I did it some years back...YES...the ish wasn't pretty! LOL!

2:47 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

** wiping tear from my eye, snif, snif**

Thanks gurl! I am an Administrative Professional and I love it. My boss took me out for an extended lunch yesterday and it was great.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Chelsea said...

Good job!! I'm an office assistant myself and it's great to be appreciated! There are six of us in the office and we all got cards, presents, cookies and free lunch out of it! Thanks for your appreciation!!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home