Tuesday, April 05, 2005

I KNOW EVERYBODY IS DIFFERENT BUT DAM....

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO SENT OUT PRAYERS AFTER MY GRANDMA'S PASSING~
I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOU KIND WORDS..........

NOW BACK TO BIDDNESS AS USUAL.......

Why did my cousin who was having the repass at her house arrive 1 hour late?
for thoose of you saying "what the hell is a repass" it's where after the funeral you go to someones house and eat and drink. There are memories shared, hopefully good ones.

Why did she ride with me so that she could "show me" where she lived and she asked me to stop at the store for milk. Why did she come out with a shit load of groceries?
some of the shit wasn't even in bags...cans of green beans rolling around in the trunk bagless. There is a grocery store in Chicago called Aldi's. you "supposedly" save money by bagging your own shit......she must have save a grip cause shit was falling out of the truck when I opened the trunk.....

How come when we pulled up to her house, there were 20 hungry faces mean muggin me?
How the hell was I supposed to know she was going to shop for the meal after the funeral....

Why did she direct us all to her cold ass basement while she "set-up" the food?
an hour and a half later.....she didn't even offer us a dam chip.....

Why was the turkey and potato salad my other grandma made, the only thing anyone ate?
besides the store bought cake and the popeyes chicken.....

How come there were over 20 people and only 3 people brought food one of them being my other grandma who is not even related to them folks?
I got tired of my grandma saying "see Dee I told you I should have made 2 turkeys"

How come everytime introduced my grandma to someone they had a stupid ass look on their face?
Dam my dad didn't make me by his self.....I do have a momma.................

WHY IS IT THAT THE TWO SIDES OF YOUR FAMILY(maternal/paternal) ARE ALWAYS LIKE NIGHT AND DAY?
CANT THERE BE SOME SORT OF BALANCE?

WHY IS IT THAT EVERYONE ALWAYS ASKS FOR YOUR ADDRESS BUT NEVER USE IT?
my grandma that passed was my only "real" link to that side of the family...if it were not for her, I wouldn't know any of them...my dad (rest his soul) sure as hell didn't take me to meet any cousins, aunts etc...etc...

WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK CALIFORNIA IS SOME "MAGICAL" PLACE?
"girl I just ave to get out there to see you" I've been here 12 years not one person on my dad's side has ever made it out here!!!

WHY DID MY COUSIN HAND ME MY GRANDMA'S REMAINS IN THE CHURCH DIRECTLY AFTER THE SERVICE?
DAM SHE COULDN'T WAIT TIL WE GOT IN THE FUCKIN PARKING LOT? HAVE SOME TACT!!!! SHE ALSO COMMENTED THAT NO ONE "WANTED" THEM....Them being the remains

O.k i'm done .......don't think my "other" side of the family is "perfect!!!They are faaar from perfect! But they do handle things a lot differently................................



14 Comments:

Blogger coley said...

U are hilarious! I'm sorry about your Grandma... I feel u on this post for sure! My mom passed away about a year and 1/2 ago, and all of my grandparents are gone too! It's sad that family has the nerve to act a fool during these times! I still haven't talked to one of my aunts since my mom passed...We got in a huge fight over my mom's belongings among other things.!

11:27 PM  
Blogger DaKelzz said...

Sorry again about your Grandma...

But dammit you came here and I didn't even get to meet you..!!!

LOL..its all good..when will you be back this way??

5:52 AM  
Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Dee.....smh.....Girl I'm so sorry. People are SUPPOSE to have a crew behind that takes care of the food while the family is at the funeral. Y'all shoulda just went to Popeye's for repass! CTHU!

I'm just glad you were able to connect with family, in the midst of your grandmother's passing.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Jazz said...

dam dee,...that's really kinda f-d up. I am so sorry. It's obvious who grandma loved best. (smile)

6:56 AM  
Blogger Jez Chill said...

Wow!

I'm mad the family is playing "Hot Potato" with your grandma's remains.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Brandi said...

I am sorry about your grandma. At least her remains can be with someone who truely loved her and give them the respect they deserve!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I know something about Aldi's!! We were embarassed to shop there in St. Louis. Here, in Germany, they are a MAJOR store, sells everything from leather jackets to ice cream.

My biggest pet peeve is late people! I can't take it! It makes me convulse.

She could have given you all a bag of Jay's.

Don't fret...I've been here in Germany for 8 of the last 10 years, and only 2 family members have been here (I bought my sister's ticket, and my brother was here for work). To teach them a lesson, instead of going home this summer, we are going to Greece, and Paris, and Holland, and Brussels, and Lucerne...

9:09 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Coley: girl strangers were fighting over my god mothers shit...sad

dakelz: hopefully, the next time I come home it will not be for a funeral.....

Youtold: yeah we should have just gone to old country buffet

Jazz: yeah my grandma taught to be proud of my dark skin cause all my maternal side are all really light skinned....she gave me a lot of esteem....

jez chill:thanks for stopping by

Brandi:yeah my brother and I are gonna try and take her remains to Hawaii and spread them somewhere BEAUTIFUL...she always wanted to go to Hawaii...

9:14 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

I feel you on the day and night of family. My Mom's side is the good side, my father's side...........don't even ask.

11:10 AM  
Blogger silentbird said...

I love my grandmother, she raised me. I can definitely relate to your loss; I don't know how I will take it when she passes.

The post was funny! Sounds like your dad's side of the family is a trip!

~Blessings!~

11:40 AM  
Blogger Schatzi said...

An hour late? And as the host? Yeah.. I would have been pissed too. I'm glad you made it home safe and are able to keep your Grandmother with you.

ooh.. I love your idea about Hawaii!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Lambchop said...

Hey Dee!!
I'm glad to hear you got to keep the remains. Your cuzin is sooo lucky none of the little kids bit her after an hour and a half with no food!!

Still in my prayers!
Blessings!
Lambchop~

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"repast"

1:41 PM  
Blogger Diva said...

Girl, my family is so crazy, whacked out and dysfunctional it's insane! LOL Let's just write books and make some cash off of our sufferings. :-) We'll say it's therapeutic.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home