Thursday, April 14, 2005

I must be getting OLD!!

Dam I must be getting old!!! I went over my girlfriends house last night to get my hair french braided. She had a few girls there and I didn't know one of them she was a friend of her "new" roomate....The new roomate is 23....everytime I come over she tries to make small talk...What do we have in common besides breathing...LOL but I try and be polite....Anywayz last night the roomate and her friend were chit-chatting and giggles bugging the fu#k out of me.......When out of no where the roomates friend walked up to me and said "EXCUSE ME MAAM, I'M SORRY I DIDN'T GET YOUR NAME" Yeah you heard me right that heffa called me maam!!! Dam do I look that old? Or was she just really really high....maybe she was being respectful.....but dam DO I LOOK LIKE A MAAM TO 22 YEAR OLDS??? After she peeped that I didn't take it too well....she replied "I will just call you Auntie D" I am 14 years older than her but could I be her freakin aunt?? I said sweetie just call me Dee....LOL My girlfriend was laughing her ass off!!!

Young men still hit on me...they say I pass for 27...lol........Maybe they are just trying to get the panties....LMAO

I wish I knew how to post a pic I think I look good for having a 17 year old son....My sons female friends always say "Ms. Dee you look cute....that's a cute outfit" You get the picture...

Why did Ms. 22 year old calling me maam make me feel old?
How do my 30 something readers feel? How would you take that?

14 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

I've been called ma'am before, but it came from a preteen or younger. I wish a 22yr old would call me ma'am. I'd smack the similac outta them.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I catch myself saing ma'am to those who are not much older than me. I guess it's the residuals from the 'mind your manners' speeches from my dad.

BTW...I have an aunt 8 months younger than me, and an uncle 18 mos older than me.

1:26 PM  
Blogger SMW said...

People call me Ma'am when they see me out with my kids. And I'm 25! I don't mind though.

And as far as how to post a pic, it's easy. You have to scan it first and save it on your computer. Then go to www.photobucket.com and create a free account. Then upload the picture from your computer. (click browse and browse until you find the picture and then click submit)It will generate 3 different codes for your pic. Higlight the middle one and then copy and paste the code into the body of your post.

It WILL Work, I promise...

Simple, yes? If not, just IM me on yahoo. (ptygrneyez) and I'll help you through it.

Good luck!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Kajuana said...

I like being called Ma'am. Bothered me at first. I know I don't look like a Ma'am, but I hear, from the kids, I sometimes carry myself like one. And I just turned 30!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Ms Pigsley said...

Oh hell no she didn't?! I refuse to be called Ma'am. The hubby tried it once and only once. It just makes me feel old as dirt when someone calls me ma'am. But to tell you the truth, the situation you were in (being at a friends house) definately did not warrant being called ma'am. Maybe if you were in a store and she was the clerk, but not at your friends house. That's a little bit of a cut if you ask me.

BTW there is nothing wrong with getting hit on by younger men. I say get them young while they are still trainable.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Ms Pigsley said...

Oh, and posting a pic, I use http://www.putfile.com/ you don't have to create an account with them.

You just follow the same directions that Ms Tee gave you after you get to the site. I think most of the photo sites work like that now. I like putfile because you don't have to have an account and log in. But they are both good photo places.

8:28 PM  
Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

I actually like being called 'Ma'am', because I DON'T LOOK LIKE ONE! :O)

I even get a kick outta the cashier looking at (my ID) me strange when I'm purchasing wine.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Girl I will be 30 this year so I hope you dont wanna slap me for posting but it doesnt bother me when people call me ma'am because all that means to me is I am one up on ya! =0)

5:56 AM  
Blogger Jazz said...

i hear it all the time. i work on a college campus so you would think i was getting around with a dam walker. these young girls walk to class in stilletos. i tell them, "chile, ain't nobody signed with NBA or NFL yet!" they kill me.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Jazz said...

ps. i will be 36 this year....and i am f-ing fabulous. (smile)

7:49 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Ms.Nikki: I wanted to slap her....

Magaret: I just use Ms. for women older than me...outta respect...

Ms.Tee:Where you been gurl? I don't even know how to cut and paste...sad but true...but I dress nice...LOL

Ms: Kajuana: Thanks for coming to see me...I luv your stuff....

Ms. Pigsley: I luv the "baby boys" I just don't feel much like molding and training em....that's hard work....

youtold: I luv getting carded for liquor purchases....LOL

Rhonda: i'm not mad at you gurl....30's are mucho fabuloso.....

Ms Jazz: I feel like i'm fabulous too....i'm looking foward to 40 cuz my auntie says that's when shit gets GOOD!!!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Jazz said...

I CAN'T WAIT

2:45 PM  
Blogger Kayla said...

Well, I'm not in my thirties just yet. However, I think I can answer this. In your situation, I feel the female was trying to be funny. No all of us are like that. I have some years on her though. I found it uncomfortable to call anyone much older than myself by their first name. It's just the way I was raised. If I'm asked to use it, I will, but it took some getting used to. Now, I just ask what they would like for me to call them, Ms/Mr or just use their first name.

2:46 PM  
Blogger BlueLotus said...

Im trying to remember if I have ever been called maam.

Most people mistake me to be in my early 20's (GOD BLESS EM!), so I can't recall.

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home