Friday, April 15, 2005

Just a whole bunch of shit......

I have a lot of random shit on my mind....here it goes.....

I have a friend that I want to seperate myself from....she was/is considered one of my BEST Friends.......We have been friends for about 3 years now and she lived with me for 13 months just moving out in September/October...another post!! She is negative...in my 36th year of life...I want to seperate myself from all things negative......We do a lot together but lately I have just been trying to "distance" myself from her........Shot out to Ms. Nikki for her post on "the company you keep" post....Sorry Ms. Nikki...I don't know how to link folks to your site....I'm not computer saavy....LOL
How do I tell her i'm not really happy in our friendship? I luv her for who she is but....all the negative shit is really fucking with me.....I realized it when we were in Vegas....any suggestions?

...................SWITCH.................

Why are my co-workers sooooo fucking lazy? Why do they think they don't have to do what the University of San Diego pays them to do? Why do they think they can get away with telling "boss lady" what they will and will not do? Why do they think they can come and go when they freakin please? Does anyone have any work ethics?


.......................SWITCH........................................

why did I see some one throw money in the street to a homeless man as I was getting off the freeway this morning.....Why did that bother me so much......I understand he was in the far lane but for him to throw it in the street....balled up....that really bothered me......

........................SWITCH.............................

why are none of the jobs my teenager applied for calling him back? He applied for quite a few fast food jobs as well as some retail jobs as well....no calls back.....he is sooooo discouraged....All I can do is tell him..."SON THAT'S WHY YOU HAVE TO GO TO COLLEGE!!"

...............................SWITCH...........................................

Why am I getting such a kick out of typing "switch" all big and bold?
I acctually bit this from someones blog....I told her I was gonna use it.....so I guess i'm not really bitting!!

Well I guess that's all for now I better get to work.....Have a great Friday!!!!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

Thanks for the shoutout, Dee. In regards to the friend you want to cut ties with, you just have be honest with her and let her know that even though she's been a big part of your life, you feel like she's bringing you down. State exactly what it is to her that you feel is negative. Strangely enough, some people don't actually know they send off negative energy. Ain't that some shit? Crazy but true. I think she may respect you more if you came to her woman to woman about it.

Now, regarding your son who's feeling dejected because he's hasn't had a callback. Tell him that's how they want him to feel. They want him to give up. But to show them he's a better person, tell him he has to keep keepin' on!! And it ain't just those without a college education who are getting doors slammed in their faces everyday. I know people with degrees who can't find jobs either.

9:38 AM  
Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

I'm sorry about your girl. Like Nikki says, some people don't realize they're speaking 'death' on people's lives and situations. Hopefully, you can find a tactful way of telling her so, vice severing ties with her.

Your son's probably going through a test. Granted, he does need to experience the 'closed doors' a little, but a test, all the same.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Jazz said...

YOUR GIRL.....
I'D PROBABLY START DOING THINGS INDEPENDENTLY AND JUST DISTANCE MYSELF FROM OLD GIRL. SOME PEOPLE RESPOND BETTER WHEN YOU CHECK THEM AND SOME DON'T. MAYBE SHE'S GOING THROUGH A PHASE OR SOMETHING. MY NEGATIVE FRIENDS HAVE NO DRIVE. I STILL CHECK ON THEM FROM TIME TO TIME BUT I'M ALWAYS "TOO BUSY" TO INVEST ANYMORE TIME IN THEM....AT LEAST UNTIL THEY GET IT TOGETHER.

WORK.....
OYI!!! (IS THAT SPELLED RIGHT?) I AM SO GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING WORKING AT THIS UNIVERSITY. I AM SO GOING BACK TO RADIO. THIS IS NERVE RACKING. MY BOSS IS EVEN A NUT JOB.

YOUR SON AND THE JOB SITUATION....
ALL I CAN SAY IS.....THOSE DAM REPUBLICANS!

PS. I LIKE THE SWITCH THING.(SMILE)

2:56 PM  
Blogger Myrah said...

Love the SWITCH thing!

I would just distance myself from the negative friend. Always be unavailable or before she can start her stuff start telling her all your problems and see how quick she tries to get off the phone. If it isn't about her she will have no use for you.

Even if you try to take the high road and tell her she probably won't get it.

****************SWITCH*************

There are no JOBS! LOL!

*****************SWITCH************

Some coworkers can just do anything they want. But the minute we try to do half of what they get away with. Look what happens:

Boss calling on work phone from his big office with a view and he just got back from a 3 hour lunch with the receptionist. Not doing anything all day but looking out the window counting the cars in the parking lot!

"ah Myrah it has been brought to my attention that you took an emergency call from your child's school in the hall on your cell phone. No personal calls is the office rule.

(Never mind that Becky sits at her desk and pays all her bills on company time and kicks back talkin to her friends during the day and then gets up and says to me I'll be back I need a break. This means she will stroll the whole office socializing by stopping by all her friend's desks to talk on her way to put her newly enveloped bills in the office mail bin to be stamped.)

"Please Myrah I know you've gone above and beyond at times and you've been her like what 20 years but we can't keep coddling you. We did let you take that maternity leave that time right? Please, Please we like you but limit the emergency calls or we'll have to evaluate weather you want to work or be a mother" Click

Not a true story but you get the point! LOL!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

About the link thing...highlight what you want to link, click the button next to the text color, and when the little box opens, type in the address to the site.

About your son's job situation...maybe you should call a few of the places and talk to the managers. My dad had to do the same thing for my little brother, and every manager my dad talked to offered my brother a job. I guess they just wanted to know that he was really serious about getting a job.

About the friend...be straight up. Let her know she's being a tad too negative. Evidently she thinks it's ok to act that way around you, and when you don't say anyting about it, you are silently agreeing.

About your co-workders...they are only doing what the person in charge lets them. If she can't correct the situation, maybe she needs to be replaced.

You are welcome for the post card!

12:36 AM  
Blogger ~Rachael said...

Hi I am a new open blogger too. kind of...
check out this web site
www.postsecret.blogspot.com
Its really interesting.
~Rachael
http://rachaelswonderworld.blogspot.com

1:06 AM  
Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

BTW, you must 'thank' you Will Smith or some dayum body with this SWITCH stuff! LOL

I had to throw that in. (gigglesnort)

2:55 AM  
Blogger BlueLotus said...

http://ink-blotter.blogspot.com/2005/04/company-that-you-keep.html

Just trying to help, I read Nikki's blog as well. :D

4:54 PM  
Blogger Slim said...

Girl release it. This is the best way and you can keep switching. I feel so much better when I let all of it go!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

big thanks to slim who gave me the whole SWITCH idea....

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home