Monday, April 04, 2005

SWEET HOME....CHICAGO

I left on Thursday at 2:30 to go home to my Grandma's funeral....I got the call at 10:45 a.m that my ticket was paid for..........It sucks depending on other people!!!! That's all I have to say about that!!

Thanks to everyone for their prayers and support!!! I really appreciate you all~

Being home is the bestest feeling.....Too bad the last two times have been for funerals...My dad in November and now his mom.......

There is something soo comforting about being home with your family....I slept with my grandma( she fought it but I won...lol) I laughed with all my uncles until my stomach ached...I didn't feel much like visiting cause I was really sad about my grandma's death....I ate and ate and ate....all the things I can't get here in Cali...that's a whole seperate post....

My family was really supportive of my loss....even though it was my dad's side of the fam....i've always been closer to my mom's side of the family...hell that's another post too!!

My grandma helped me get through a very rough time this weekend...sent me home with a lot of shit.....but hey, that's what grandma's do.......

The worst part of the trip was getting delayed at O'hare airport because I was bringing my grandma's remains home..........I had to bring her home with me cause no one wanted them.....so I am her next of kin cause my dad was an only child and he's gone...my grandfather is demented......

At 1st I was freaked out about it but then I was acctually honored/relieved because I know she's happy!

There are at least three more posts to come as a result of:

1.....black folks not being prepared
2.....relatives not being on time
3.....people not doing what they should

10 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

I'm glad you got a chance to go home.

Did you bring back any Jay's potato chips and White Castles?

Did you catch anyone doing the Electric Slide at home?

1:17 AM  
Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Hey Dee. I'm glad to you were able to go home, moreso because you were able to get away from the daily grind in Cali, pay your respects to your grandmother, and able to have a good time with your family.

I'm with Margaret....were you able to get some Jay's megahot chips? I swear you can only eat those things with a box of kleenex sitting nearby, or a glass of milk to soothe the burning. lol

Electric Slide? I was thinking about "R-uh" with 'steppin'. lol

I'm also glad to see you're back safely. Later luv.

5:12 AM  
Blogger Diva said...

Hi my friend! I feel ya on being home with family. Something inside me just lights up when I'm with them...even when things get predictably crazy. God made a way...now you're back. Can't wait to see your spin-off posts. :-)

6:52 AM  
Blogger mrs.tj said...

Hey! See everything worked out in the end. (THANK GOODNESS!) People all over the country praying for you. There is nothing like being home. No one got drunk and in a fight, then have to go to jail??? Or is that an upcoming post. hehehe! Your family must be a tad bit more sane than mine.
Holla at your girl! :)

7:53 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

I am so glad you got to go home. I understand the feeling. That is pretty cool that you got to bring your grandma back with you. I know I would be honored to have mine with me.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

I'm glad you were able to go home and even happier that you made it back safely.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Thanks sooo much for all the prayers....your support helps!!!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Schatzi said...

I'm happy to hear that you did make it back home!!

Look forward to the posts... lol

10:39 AM  
Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Thanks to you all for the support.....y'all are the bestest!!!

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home