Friday, April 29, 2005

your gift is your presence......not presents

I have a really good friend who's partners b-day is today. Friends birthday is Saturday. They are doing dinner and drinks tonight and going to L.A. for friends b-day tomorrow. when I got the message on my cell about the plans, I called friend back and left a message saying "friend I can't make it on Friday and I can't go Saturday either...I'm sooo broke right now" He called me back and said "friend, you have to go....it is not a party with out you......Willie would be sad if you didn't come celebrate with us!!" I replied I can't let you pay for my dinner and drinks on your day!!! He replied "it's not my day til Saturday" Then I said I can't even afford a gift and he replied "DEE YOUR PRESENCE IS ALL THE GIFT WE NEED"

DAM THAT MADE ME FEEL REALLY GOOD!!!!

It is sooo nice having "real"friends!!! Friends that love you for you!
I have since got 3 calls from people threatining me that if i'm not at "lips" tonight at 6:30 there will be trouble!!!

I really need to work on me.......I feel I HAVE to have gifts for my friends on their birthdays>>> I'm big on birthdays.....I can't just go with a card in hand............or can I?

6 Comments:

Blogger coley said...

Yes you can go with a card....And a home made card is better than a store bought one, in my opinion....It's the thought that counts. WHEN did people forget that.? Go have fun and make him laugh that's a great present!

I *love* good friends too, they're hard to come by. Happy weekend!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

I agree, take a card. Even if you don't make one of your own, purchase one of the blank cards and write your own words on the inside of the card. Let your friend know just how much they mean to you through your words.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Slim said...

I absolutely love cards. It is the thought that counts. Nothing says it better than a card. Plus I collect cards. Girl buy a card and call it a day!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Brandi said...

Of course you can go with just a card. These people don't like you b/c of material things they like you because your you. I think they would be more upset with you if you didn't go at all! Taking a card is a perfect gift!

12:26 PM  
Blogger mrs.tj said...

These friends sounds like the kind of friends we all need, unlike the friends we were speaking on a couple of weeks ago!
And there are always things you can do for a friend like give them a Ms. Dee coupon for a free "clean the den" or "home cooked meal" at times those types of presents are worth more than monetary gifts. Holla at your girl!!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Sheron said...

Don't miss the party!!! In my personal opinion, there comes a time when we outgrow those expected gifts anyway. Give from your heart. A small $5 bouquet of flowers and a card will suffice. Have fun and make your friend's birthday special by showing up!!!

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home