Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Duh....

I need help!!
Is there a computer class for dummies? Is there a book? A tutorial? A cheat sheet? Freakin cliff notes?

I tried to download the Ipod install disk and my computer wouldn't connect to the internet....then I get on the phone and the cable trouble shooter guy talked me through various trouble shooting things and after 40 minutes....I was back on line!!! He was sooo nice and helpful!! I must call cox cable and let them know that his customer service was "top notch"!!! Yeah! Then I put the disk in and my lil hour glass thingy will NOT GO AWAY!!! BOOOOO! So I call my lil bro on his cell cause it's an emergency.....He tells me to shut the power off! So i do and turn it back on and there is NOTHING!!! NADDA.......ZILCH!!! A black screen....What the hell...I wanna play with my new toy!!! SHIT!!! After 1 hour of plugging and un-plugging...off and on.....nothing!!! So I curse and curse and curse some more!!! The teenager is not home and I have already called his cell twice to ask questions!!! I don't want to bother him again so I say to hell with is and shut it OFF!!!!

I'll be dammed if I don't wake up to go to potty around 11 (yeah I go to bed early....) I hear the teenager in his room on line just typing his ass off!!!

I have no patience.....I want to play with my new toy!!! I will try again tonight!!!

I didn't know that the songs are .99 cents each to load....where are the free songs?

9 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

The free songs come out on Tuesdays. It's THEIR choice which songs are free. I have yet to find any I like. I downloaded cds that I own to my iPod.

Just put the CD into the drive, iTunes will ask if you want to add the songs to your 'library'. Add them to your library, and when you plug your iPod into the USB on the computer, iTunes will ask if you want to add the new tunes to your shuffle (it will update your shuffle).

11:45 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Today, I read that you can use your iPod in your car if you have a tape player and the cd player/cassette player adapter.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Lambchop said...

Girl you are too funny! I get the same way when I get new toys...obsessed! LOL! Let us know if you get it working!

Lambchop~

1:47 PM  
Blogger princessdominique said...

I'm not technologically inclined either. As for the free songs, I dunno--husby already has my favs loaded.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Diva said...

Girl, wrangle them there teens of yours and try www.winmx.com.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Diva's hubby said...

Don't buy into the commercial. They make everything look cool and exciting on TV but there is some time required to setup everything. You will have to successfully install the software (iTunes) that came with the shuffle before any music can be copied to the shuffle. Once the software is installed, you can copy CDs, purchase music, or add downloaded music from other sources. I recommend you start with copying your own CDs and becoming comfortable with the iTunes software. Here's a great online tutorial...http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/tutorial/ip_gettingstarted_t7.html
Hope it helps!

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Diva's hubby said...

Let's try this again: http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/tutorial/ip_gettingstarted_t7.html

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Diva's hubby said...

Oops... the link showed up the first time..sorry! LOL

8:21 PM  
Blogger Brandi said...

HEY Happy Nurses Day sweetie! I hope you have a great day! (((HUGS)))

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home