Friday, May 06, 2005

HAPPY NURSES DAY!!!

Today is nurses day!! Since my friends I am a nurse, I decided to blog about why I became a nurse.....

My youngest son was born extremely pre-mature. He only weight 1# 9ozs. He spent six...6 whole months in the N.I.C.U. (neo-natal intensive care unit). This was one of the "LOWEST" points in my life!!! Not knowing whether your baby will live or die is soooooo hard!!! I cried day in and day out!!! I prayed constantly....I joined a support group. I almost got divorced!!!

I wanted to spend ALL my time at the hospital!!!! I didn't cook, clean or even hardly care for my older son!! It wasn't until my mom stepped in and said "Dee I know you are caring for your sick child but you do have another son her to care for!!" That opened my eyes to care for my then 4 year old......

I quit my job....I was there ALL the time!!! Morning noon and night!!! I would wake up at 2 a.m and drive to the hospital just to see what they were doing to my baby!!!

The nurses there, two in particular were sooooo kind and loving to me and my baby!!! They held my hand and wiped my tears.....daily.....We formed a "friendship". One nurse Robin said "Dee you should consider nursing" I would visit the babies that didn't get "mommy-luv" I would visit some daily!

So I thought about it and a year later I started nursing school!!! I thought that if I could show someone the "compassion" and care that the nurses at Long Beach Memorial showed me....it's all worth it!!!

Being a nurse is so rewarding....You never know how you are impacting someone's life!!!!
The nurses that cared for my son sure impacted my life!!! I need to look them up!


Happy nurses day to all nurses...........

13 Comments:

Blogger Brandi said...

Again I will say Happy Nurses Day to you! I said it in a comment in your last post but it didn't fir there LOL (((HUGS))) Hope you have a GREAT Day

10:55 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

My Mom was a nurse (she's now an administrator for the hospital where she works). Enjoy Nurse's Day and Happy Mother's Day!!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Slim said...

Happy Nurses' Day and Happy Mother's Day Dee!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Happy Nurses Day!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Diva said...

Love ya sweetie! Have a great day and an even better Mother's Day.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Sheron said...

This is such a heart-wrenching post. Happy Nurse's Day to you and all the other special nurses around. Happy Mother's Day too.

7:00 AM  
Blogger princessdominique said...

That's a touching story. Nursing was in your blood. I wanted to be a nurse when I was young. Happy Mother's Day!

8:01 AM  
Blogger coley said...

Hey Gurl.... Happy Nurses Day and Happy Mothers day. This is a wonderful story. I've always wanted to be a N.I.C.U nurse, but have dreaded going back to school. My schedule is so busy as a Police Dispatcher, I would have no time. I love watching the baby stories and labor and delivery on TV. I'm seriously considering my options!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Furious said...

happy mother's day girl!

8:42 PM  
Blogger E to the dwige said...

Happy belated Nurses day and Happy Mother's Day!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Thanks ladies!!!! I luv being a nurse!!!

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

irado o seu blog sinistro cascudo

ted

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

irado o seu blog sinistro cascudo

ted

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home