Thursday, May 26, 2005

I don't know why i'm apprehensive......

Boss lady and a few others are pushing me to apply for the job..... I think i'm going to go for it!!!! I KNOW I could do the job....no doubt!!! I am a good nurse I know this but i'm not a "manager"....I help people.....care for people....I don't watch over people!!!!

I know it would be a challenge......what if I fail? What if the employees give me a hard time? What if they make things difficult for me? I know most of the folks downstairs because I have been here forever....I acctually started out in that clinic as a "float" for a temp agency years ago. I am comfortable here!!! I know everthing and everybody.....I have been here the longest....even longer than "boss-lady"......I can do my job with my eyes closed....I can do most jobs here in the clinic.....from front desk to the medical assistants jobs.......

Just after typing all that....maybe it is time to try something new and challenging.......Why am I so apprehensive....i'm usually not like this....

I will talk with the "powers that be". I would like to discuss the job duties and get assured that if this doesn't work out......I can have my JOB BACK!!!! LOL

16 Comments:

Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Knock it out da box, Rick....err I mean, Dee!

Nothing ventured, Nothing gained!

11:37 AM  
Blogger mrs.tj said...

If for nothing else...FOR THE MONEY! Don't make me have to fly out there and ... Well I just want a reason for a vacation. But you know what I mean. :)
Holla!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Since ain't nobody else gonna say it, I'll say it..........Would you quit draggin' your damn heels already and just apply for the damn job? Opportunity is knocking. Are you going to answer?

12:42 PM  
Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

YEAH! WHAT NIKKI SAID! *ducking*

12:51 PM  
Blogger Zantiferous3 said...

I used to do that to myself too with promotions... but I used to think, "What if I can't do it? What if I fail?" On the other hand, you KNOW you can do it, and you are still concerned, so it's not failure you're concerned about... it seems to me you are afraid of success. Don't be... embrace it... you deserve it!!!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

o.k.....o.k i'm going to apply!!! I decided today.....I have EVERYTHING TO GAIN!!!!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

you told: NO need to duck...

mrs.t.j you are right I sure need the MONEY!!!

Ms NIKKI:i'm gonna answer!!!

X: I dunno maybe it's cause i've had soooo much bad luck lately....it seems sort of "unreal" ya know?

5:04 PM  
Blogger G. Cornelius Harris said...

GO FOR IT!
I'll keep you posted

12:47 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

I hope I dont affend you by saying this but I think maybe (and this is just my opinion) your just comfortable. Traveling new ground is scary and never easy. I think it healthy to be apprehensive but just dont let it hold you back. As far as I can see all the signs are there. YOU GO GIRL!!!

4:51 AM  
Blogger SMW said...

DO IT!!!!

MAKE MORE MONEY!

11:36 AM  
Blogger coley said...

I know how you feel... Change can be good though, sometimes it just takes getting over that anxiety! Everything will work out just fine! Go for it!!!! Plus, I'm sure there's a salary increase right?

12:18 PM  
Blogger Justine said...

Checking Delta for flights to San Diego, I need some sky miles.

Anywhooo, I'm missy if you dont hurry up me Mrs. TJ to drag your behind to the HR office so you can apply. Hey Diva can we get a address cause I know you got it.

LOL, go for it girl and GOD do your worrying.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Diva said...

I'm dittoing what errrrrybody else said. My first reaction was that your apprehension is coming from you being comfortable in your current position...not having to worry about managerial responsibilities. Being a manager is tough...I know, trust me. But if one doesn't try, that's the failure. I'm glad you've decided to try. Love ya sis!

5:38 PM  
Blogger princessdominique said...

You can do it. You've got a whole cheerleader section here rooting for ya!

6:25 AM  
Blogger E to the dwige said...

Good luck! *doing a cheer*

4:12 PM  
Blogger Myrah said...

You and boss lady really have a great relationship! Camping?? ahhh Lions, Tigers and Bears oh My!!
oh and bugs too!! LOL!!

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home