Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I luv 3 day weekends........

Friday afternoon, our WHOLE clinic went camping....Yes the diva too...I thought it would be great for the boys and myself as well. Boss lady was all excited about us spending the WHOLE weekend together.......Friday we left work early packed it up and met boss lady and her hubby at their home... We loaded up her R.V. and all followed the R.V. to the camp site......It was fun we sat around drank lots of beer and the kids made smores and roasted marshmallows....lots of fun......Saturday morning we all got up and made breakfast....Bloody mary's and more beer........Hiking and more beer. As the afternoon rolled on, more peeps showed up....A few Dr.'s and their wives and kids....A really good time.....

After lunch everyone started talking about work shit.....I knew it was BOUND to come up.....

coworker to boss lady: when is the position downstairs going to be filled?
boss lady: I'm not sure but I wish somebody would just apply(staring at me)
coworker: looking around to see who she's looking at....who Dee
boss lady:yeah Dee
coworker: oooh that's a great idea...Dee you would be great.....
now this is the part where everyone puts their 2 cents in......even my girlfriend who came along with us...she works downstairs in internal medicine...
friend: yeah that would be so cool...you would be my boss.....
ME: I already decided to apply.....

Just when all the dust settles....the head Dr. in charge of our clinic comes up and says "so Dee have you decided to apply for the posistion?"
Yes Dr. K. i'm gonna go for it...."that's my girl" LOL

So it's official...i'm a candidate....I will let you all know how it goes....The 1st interview will be with boss lady, her boss, another clinic manager and Dr.K....they have all agreed that I could do it....then I have to interview with the med director of the clinic. I know her but I don't know her on a friendly level like I know my docs....We will see......I will let y'all know what happens.....

THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT......I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE KIND COMMENTS AND ENCOURAGEMENT!!!!! IT MEANS SOOO MUCH TO ME!!!! WISH ME LUCK........

WHO KNOWS...THE DIVA MIGHT HAVE TO HANG UP HER SCRUBS!!! LOL

OH YEAH BEFORE I FORGET.....................

Have you ever had someone do something for you that may be small to them but very big to you? When you set out to do a kind gesture fore someone, you never know how it will impact their lives........I got a letter in the mail when I got home from my new "blog gurl" and it was soooo kind....I cried......It may have seemed like nothing to her, but it really touched me that she cared.......I was really touched!!!!

MS. DIVA.....YOU ARE A REAL LIFE ANGEL!!!!
THANK YOU GIRLY!!!
Now y'all know I STILL don't know how to link folks......but most of us travel in the same "blog-circle" She is the "Houston Diva" http://tademy.blogspot.com

o.k I tried....maybe just maybe...if you click on that link it will take you to Ms. Diva's spot...don't laugh at me y'all!!!! By my BLOG-BIRTHDAY I will know how to link and add pics and all the other fancy stuff y'all do......LMAO HELP a sista out.....

29 days until I leave for New Orleans for the Essence Music Fest......my long over due vacation!!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger mrs.tj said...

Congratulations on FINALLY taking the big step to becoming a canadiate. We all know you will get it. Hopefully the Music Fest will be the celebratory PARTY!
Holla!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Next year, I think you should come here for the North Sea Jazz Fest in the Netherlands or the Montreaux Jazz Fest in Switzerland they both are OFF DA CHAIN!!!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Diva said...

Now you got me all snotty nose and thangz. After that Monday Blaaah post you did, I felt where you were comin' from girl. I had to write ya...otherwise the Spirit of God woulda been whoopin' me upside my head for not being obedient. (it's happened more times than I care to admit). Have a wonderful, fantastic, day lady!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Dee, hopefully I'll see you in New Orleans.

1:44 PM  
Blogger coley said...

Good luck w/ the new job... I'm sure it will all work out in your favor. I haven't been camping in years. I need to go soon though cause I miss it!

Look out New Orleans.... Have a blast!

3:10 PM  
Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

I am so looking forward to hearing of your NEW JOB!!

I know the feeling about gift giving. This weekend, I was the giver. I have a girlfriend who NEVER does anything for herself. I had a full house, but she (doesn't live far from me) and I got away and just went puttin' around. I called my hairdresser behind her back, bought her a card and dropped some cash in it.

She's always cracking jokes and whatnot, but she was sitting on my bed, crying like she hit the lotto...all because of the card. She didn't notice the cash, at first. My goofy butt was crying right along with her.

It just felt good. Like Houston Diva, it's God in us.

7:02 PM  
Blogger DaKelzz said...

The Essence Fest is the shiznit!! Make sure you take lots of pics!!

5:51 AM  
Blogger Slow Metamorphosis said...

CONGRATS missy. you know you got the position in the bag! Girl we can figure out this picture and link stuff for real we can. you and me! lol

BTW camping with beer??? smh. what about roughing it in the elements

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Reddy said...

YAY @ you being a candidate.. I hope you get it gyrlie.. Peace

(i'm glad we found each others sites again)

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home