Wednesday, May 25, 2005

It was simply an honor being nominated.......

Boss lady and her boss have been interviewing for a "clinic manager" position downstairs. It is basically the same job my boss does but a different dept. She comes back into our little office she and I share and closes the door and says "Dee, the interview was o.k but Cathy(boss ladies boss) thinks you should apply..." ME: HUH? BOSS LADY: "we think you would be GREAT at the job...I would hate to have you go...there would be a big void in my life but you could advance and make more money.....it would be a big responsibility but you could sure handle it!!!" ME: wow it's nice that Cathy considered me!!! Boss Lady: "well Juanita(another manager from a different site) she thinks you would be perfect.......She said you are very "STRONG" and that's what they need downstairs!!! ME: WOW!!! That's nice that they thought of me.......

Boss lay goes on and on about why I would be soooo good at the posistion......she is all excited and goes and talks to our "chief" of family practice. He says "you mean OUR Dee? Oh shit yeah she could do the job"

So now she come back into our lil office and she's REALLY EXCITED!!! She says lets go outside so I can smoke!!! (she smokes not me...we go out to the smoking area when we want to talk in private).....outside she says "What's stopping you from going for the job? You would make a lot more money....you CAN do the job.......you have 3 of the people hiring for the spot behind you.....what's stopping you? ME: hhhmmmmI really don't know...I'm up for the challenge...I know i'm capable....let me go home and pray about it and get back to you......BOSS LADY: " I will teach you everything I know.......when I became nurse manager I had to "wing it." No one told me anything......I will tell you all the ins and outs.....

Can I tell you how HAPPY that made me!!! It felt good that theese people hold me in that regaurd.....wow it felt really good!!!

I prayed last night and simple said: "GOD IF THIS IS FOR ME, I KNOW THAT YOU WILL LET IT BE!!!"

This morning still high from the feeling of it all I said "GOD IF THIS IS FOR ME....GIVE ME A SIGN!!"

AFTER SAYING THAT I THOUGHT DUH!!!! GOD ALREADY GAVE YOU A SIGN!!!!!!

I swear I can be a "lil slow" sometimes.....LOL

What do I have to lose? I apply hell I get hired and it doesn't work out....I can ALWAYS have my old job back........Or I get the job and do really WELL and advance....maybe get to go back to school and who knows..........



15 Comments:

Blogger Brandi said...

Good Luck with the job. It says alot about you that so many people that already know you think it would be perfect! Ohh and more money doesn't hurt either. Good Luck sweetie!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Justine said...

Can I hit you, why you didnt apply. Remember those blessings you been dying to get and struggles you been going through they were only preparing you for things to come. So STOP Wasting time young lady. I hope all is well.

11:23 AM  
Blogger mrs.tj said...

WOOOO HOOOO! You go girl!
And that is all I have to say!
Holla!

12:02 PM  
Blogger E_1979 said...

you shouldnt apply for one reason. You lack drive and confidence.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

E_1979...PLEASE MISS ME WITH THE NEGATIVE!!!! YOU DON'T KNOW ME.....

3:39 PM  
Blogger Diva said...

Dee
You are the bomb girl!! God is incredible and you are just the sweetest thing waaay over yonder...lol
You certainly deserve all the best momma.
Oh and don't let me get started on the freakin' jerk. Just delete that crap...that's just the devil working in blogsville. Click the trash can momma.
Kisses!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Diva said...

...and how they gonna come in your house and talk about you like that...hmph! Piece o' crap!!
Anyway, like I said just hit the trash can lady. Sorry for going off like that.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Myrah said...

Congratz! That is really great. I've never had a job where my boss actually did something nice like put my name in the ring for a well deserved promotion. I would go for it and learn all that boss lady has to teach you. Having her as a resource is invaluable!

You go girl! Now you gonna be "Boss Lady"!!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Slim said...

Dee that is wonderful! Congratulations on your future endeavors! You deserve it, so be excited! And Good Luck!

5:17 AM  
Blogger DaKelzz said...

I say go for it!!!

If they have that much faith in you, why don't you??

Good Luck and let us know what happens

5:36 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Yes, God was trying to tell you something. Just go for it girl!!

5:54 AM  
Blogger Aziza said...

A boss once told me that things might not work out for me if I leave my current job. But the way I see it is like this => Things might not work out for me a million times, but I'm going to get right back up and try again. Why? The following Bible verse speaks to me: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Phil. 4:13)

Continue to reach for the stars. Keep on striving. You will see your brighter day.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Zantiferous3 said...

LOL... what is there really to think about? I mean really? And you waiting for a sign is like that joke with the guy who is caught in a flood and turns down help from a car driving by, a boat and a helicopter, saying he was waiting for God to save him... and God said, "I SENT YOU A CAR, A BOAT AND A HELICOPTER!!! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT ME TO DO!!!???" LOL

1:24 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

X you are a NUT!!!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

That is so wonderful. I am so glad to hear how much they think of you. It's always good to be appreciated. Go for it girl - you obviously deserve it.

CONGRATS!!!

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home