Friday, May 13, 2005

No means NO!! Little girl!!!

I don't know if I mentioned this before but the teenager was asked to the senior prom about 3 weeks ago. He is a JR. so he was flattered. He thought he was the shiznit...... So we were all set he was fitted for his tux and the prom is this Saturday.....

I was all excited ready with my NEW digital camera until.......we got his progress report!!!!! I got a call from his advisor on Wednesday morning.....He went from all A's and B's to no a freaking A or B in sight!!!! What the fu@k? So I text him and say....."son you know you messed up!!! Go tell ms. Sarah that you are NOT going to the prom on Saturday!!!!"

Forward to last night.........I get a call from Ms.Thing.....
MS THING:"is this James mom?"
ME: yes
MS THING: James can't go to prom with me on Saturday?
ME: NO! I'm sorry but James grades ALL dropped. He is not going ANYWHERE!!!!

MS THING: THAT'S NOT FAIR!
ME: Excuse me? As a parent I can not allow him to go. He knew his grades were not as good as last report card when you asked him to prom.......

MS:THING BUT HE'S THE 2ND PERSON TO CANCEL ON ME I HAVE NO ONE TO GO WITH.....
ME: I'm sorry....Really I am but he can not go!!!

MS THING: I BOUGHT HIS FLOWER AND HIS TICKET I CAN'T GET A REFUND.......
Well it looks like James owes you some money!!! I'm sorry.....Good night!!

MS THING: BUT IT IS ONLY A PROGRESS REPORT!!
ME: Maybe in your house it's ONLY a progress report...but in our house, they are GRADES!!! As a mom I can not allow him to go when he messes up in school! P.E.R.I.O.D.

MS THING: really starting to cry....please please let him go....I will bring him right home after prom.....
ME: getting mad...NO GOOD NIGHT!!!

MS THING: crying harder......please please this is not fair
ME: once again i'm sorry he can't go

Ms thing: didn't you already pay for his tux?
ME: No

Ms Thing: I will pay for it.
ME: I don't care who pays for it....he's not going good night!!!

I may be wrong....but when I was a teenager, I would never ever question an adult!! EVER!!!!
I must be getting soft in my old age cause I can't belive i listened to her that long.....
hmmmph!!! I wanted to say "let me speak to your mom"

I know i'm right....he can't go....he knows how important grades are in our house!!!
I have to stick to my guns!!!
I DO NOT REWARD BAD BEHAVIOR!!!

What do you all think?











16 Comments:

Blogger Diva said...

Wow babygirl, that's a tough one. I totally understand you being upset about his grades dropping. I would be too. I don't have teens so I can't pretend to know what it's like, but I was a teen waaaaaaaay back yonder...lol
I think that if it were me, I'd let my teen go if there were no F's on the card...only because it IS prom. If it were something else like some Sadie Hawkins crap that we used to have, I probably wouldn't even worry about it. I'd tell my daughter she could go, but that every lil privilege she had would be taken away until those grades came back up. i.e. cell phone, home phone, computer access, hanging out on the weekends,etc. Only cuz it's prom and they remember that shit forever. I remember my prom like it was yesterday. But, only you know best baby. Just my 2 freakin' cents. :-)

9:01 AM  
Blogger Diva said...

...and yeah, I'm surprised you even entertained that child on the phone...lol She was quite the bold one, wasn't she?

9:03 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Hey ms. Diva....
it's HER prom not his. If it were his I still wouldn't let him go....he went from all A's and B's to 2 D's and 3 F's one C n spanish!!!! He is luckcy he is breathing!!!
The sad part is that I know he will have all A's and B's by the end of school year....he is capable! This is the worst report card ever!!!! Girl it's taking all my power not to go OFF on him.... yes I took his cell and he can't drive my car.....

Next year if his shit aint right...he will miss his own prom too!!!! LOL

9:24 AM  
Blogger Diva said...

2 D's and 3 F's!!! Ummm...NO! He can't go!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Diva said...

Correction:
HELL NO! LOL!

10:40 AM  
Blogger princessdominique said...

Whew! That was some convo. I remember when I was in your shoes as a single mom you can't reward bad or lagging behavior. Hope she doesn't show up at the door wearing her dress anyway.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Lambchop said...

Hey Dee!
Girl you shoulda hung up on her fast butt! She was way outta pocket.

Hey, in the long run James is going to benefit from all of this discipline. He really does have to keep up his grades!

School now Hoochies later!

11:28 AM  
Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Dayum, Diva! F's? I just finished blogging about my prom night too. LoL

I actually feel sorry for the girl, even though I think I would've went off had she breathed another "but, but".

She only has James to blame for this, because HE knew the conditions, she didn't. I'm almost certain that if she knew, she probably would've been tutoring him or something.

I hope he learned his lesson, and I hope she finds a date....a cute one, so her pics won't be all fugly.

LoL

11:32 AM  
Blogger mrs.tj said...

Hmmmm...Okay, so I don't have any children and my mother sometimes STILL tells me what to do even though I am in my late 20's and married. BUT...I would probably give the guy an option. You can go to the prom but you have to be a slave for the whole summer including summer classes or something crazy. Or you can be punished and not go to the prom etc. Too Funny...I didn't go to my prom or my husbands prom, so stuff like that is not important to me but, you have to teach your guy a lesson. What is a mother to do? Do you think you will cave in and let him go????I am rooting for mommy to cave in. (Epically since you know he will get him grades up)
***TJ's Solution***
Just beat him, and let him go to the prom with a black eye! Hehehe! Violence ALWAYS works!
holla!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Sheron said...

You definitely did the right thing. I don't have any kids now, but if I did, I'd handle the situation in the exact same fashion. It's a good thing you hadn't paid for the tuxedo rental. Everything happens for a reason :).

12:05 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

I think you did the right thing. He doesn't deserve to go to the prom because of his failure to keep his grades up. I'm sure you've laid down the law to him about how important his grades are and the consequences of not having good grades. He may feel bitter about it now, but he'll get over it and learn from it in the long run.

And that girl had some balls to be so brassy towards you on the phone. I don't know how you talked to her that long. I would have asked to speak to her mother and if she didn't comply, she would have heard the "click" and dialtone on the other end of the phone.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Zantiferous3 said...

Hmmph. I didn't read any of the comments, so I hope I'm not echoing EVERYONE'S sentiments... but here goes...

Once I do have children, I don't give a damn whether or not my choices are fair... my kid, my choices. LOL I wish a 17/18 year old WOULD call my damn house and question my decision. Girl you are good because I would have either hung up on her LOOOOOOONG before that, or cursed her little trifling butt out and told her that if she didn't get off my phone, that she wouldn't be going to the prom either by the time I was finished talking to her mother. LOL

What kills me is that it's not even HIS prom. Now if you were keeping him from going to HIS prom... then fine, that's not cool, but someone ELSE'S??? LOL...that is more than fair, if those are the rules in your... read... YOUR house.

Just my .08. =)

1:12 PM  
Blogger Zantiferous3 said...

*GASP* I just read the comments... F'S??? OH HELL NO!! FAILING, in JUNIOR YEAR WHEN ALL THE COLLEGES ARE LOOKING??? OH F*CK NO!!! He needs to stay his ass home, for no other reason that to reflect on why he might have to attend Junior College in 2 years. Hmmph... HELL NO. *click* And I would have cursed her mother out too for allowing her azz to call and question me. LOL

1:14 PM  
Blogger Myrah said...

That is a scream!! Is this little girl white? I just don't see Shaniqua calling you crying and all that for fear you might ask to speak to Shelly(Shaniqua's momma)

But I can see Becky calling and having a fit cause she don't care about you talking to Barbara! Barb was the one who told her to call and cry a lot and real loud too! LOL!

And to make it so bad he was her second choice!! WHAT EVER BECKY! YOU BETTER GO STAG AND BE HAPPY!

I could be wrong but that sounds like a Becky move!!

11:42 PM  
Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

*LoL @ Myrrah and looking around*

I wasn't gonna say anything....but I sure was THINKING it!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Slim said...

All of them are totally out of line for questioning your parenting. First of all that is your child and they should not interfere with your decision. Grades are far more important. Even if he is upset about not going, trust me he will respect you later on for your decision. You are setting an example that he will hold to his own kids in the future. It is something as simple as values, morals, what's right and what's wrong! Don't let them sway you. I don't have kids, but I know if that was me I would be extremely pissed, just off of the nerve that they have. WOW! I would be up there ASAP to let them know, hey this is not going to fly!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home