Tuesday, June 07, 2005

God my son is so cute!!!

My son has an interview today!!! Yeah for James!!! Target called him yesterday when he got home from school.

James:(calling me at work) mom target called I have an interview after school.

Me: that's great son.....congrats

James: Mom I have to be there at 3 and I get out of school at 2

Me: Do you need me to take you? Do you know how to get there on the bus?

James: I think I know how to get there on the bus....can I leave now to time myself to see just how long it takes?

Me: sure sweetie......(smiling really hard)

James: Mom can we practice some interview questions when you get home?

Me: sure baby that's a good idea...

James: mom I want this REALLY bad!

Me: I know son but if you don't get it....that just means that there is something BETTER coming your way!!!

James: mom you always say stuff like that!

Me: I always mean it too!!!

James: o.k I gotta get to the bus stop....we will talk more when you get home!!!

When I get home he has a long face........"son what's wrong....you were so happy earlier"

James: mom I can't fit any of my dress pants and I don't have anything I feel is appropriate for an interview!

Me:(really smiling hard inside cause he's such a responsible young man) baby don't worry.....I will get you something!! Out of all my male friends someone will loan us something!!!!

James: thanks mom!

We go to a friends house who gives him pants and a nice shirt...another friend gives him dress shoes.....he is smiling hard....they both wish him good luck......

This morning I walk by his bathroom....he is shaving and primping and I smile.....dam my baby is growing up...he comes in my room and says "mom am I lined up good? should I shave it all off? Of course you look fine!! I kiss him goodbye and he says "mom I will call you as soon as I get home......We me and my youngest wish him good luck..... I almost gave him his cell phone back but then I remembered shit he is still grounded until report cards...LOL Hell all the "proud momma moments had me feeling all mushy and gushy and I almost punked out.....LMAO
My youngest said " I really hope he gets a job or he is gonna drive me crazy all summer talking about a job!!! "LOL

So hopefully it's in God's plan for my baby to become employed today......if not......we will keep looking!!!

It's days like this I think DAM I love being a mom!!!

15 Comments:

Blogger Slim said...

Aww dee that is so sweet. I hope he gets the job! Keep us posted!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

That is sooo cute! He sounds like such a sweet boy (in a manly way,LOL) I hope he gets it.

Good Luck James!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Way to go James!! I hope he gets the job. Hell, I'm a Tar-jay woman. If he gets the job, I could use his employee discount, hahaha!!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Diva said...

Hey lady! Great post...I decided to take a breather from this party planning to stop in on ya.

James, good luck dear. I'm sure the folks at Target will see you as a great addition to their company and hire you very soon (if not on the spot). I'm rootin' for ya!!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

lol AT NIKKI....I had him laughing last night...I will be calling his cell on payday "James bring home some paper towels,soap,laundry detergent and toothpaste" lol

10:05 AM  
Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Go 'head James! I had to bow my head and rattle off a quick prayer for the MAN!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

Tiki: thanks for the prayer!! I figure if I had all my blog pals puttin good positive vibes out into the universe.......

he is soooo sweet...calculating his pay and asking which bill is Cheapest" so he can help me out!!

1:29 PM  
Blogger The Nappyheaded Pensieve said...

What a precious precious story! Made me feel all warm and fuzzy. :)There is nothing like being a mommie :)

3:32 PM  
Blogger E to the dwige said...

aww too cute. Hope he got it!

4:01 PM  
Blogger SMW said...

Oh my gosh!

Your baby is about to be WORKING! LOL!

That is so amazing girl!

I can't imagine what that is like... It makes me feel so good to read that story.

Thanks for sharing.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

There are so many kids out there that go to interviews in ragged jeans and ripped tee's and have an attitude of I don't care if I get the job or not, just give me the money. So he is sure to get the job because he is taking the time to show he cares how he presents himself. That kid is a winner. Way to go!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I work next door to a HR office. You would not believe how folks that come looking for jobs are dressed! If they would put in one-fourth the effort your son did, they would be more successful.

I LOVE the Red Dot Boutique! They also have great internship programs for their employees.

My brother just graduated from college and is moving to Arizona to work at the corporate HQ of the Red Dot Boutique.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Myrah said...

ahhh that was such a nice blog! i sent up a prayer for him to get the job if it's God's will! Yeah times like that really make you proud! Enjoy them!

10:11 AM  
Blogger coley said...

Hey girl, I'm a little late with my "good luck" comment, so I'll fast forward to... Did ya hear anything yet???

Keep us posted! :)

12:30 PM  
Blogger Sheron said...

Awww... this is such a heart warming post.

Good luck on the interview, James!

Dee, let us all know the outcome of the intervie.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home