Wednesday, June 08, 2005

MY SOON TO BE EMPLOYED BABY........

James is sure he has the job...The interview went well.....

James: mom I did so good in the interview. I got there right on time....3:00 on the dot! When the lady walked up to get me, I stood up and shook her hand. She asked me lots of questions and I answered them ALL really good.....and mom get this....then I told her I speak fluent spanish and she started smiling and said "wow that is great because we have a lot of spanish speaking customers"

Mom then this is the good part...she asked if I had time for another lady to interview me. Of course I said yeah...This is a good sign right mom? Then when she got up to go get the other lady, I stood up, shook her hand and said thanks for your time! The next lady talked to me for a lil while and I gave her good eye contact, just like I did the 1st lady but she didn't look at me she just looked at her paper. The 2nd lady gave me eye contact right back!!! LOL Well when we were done the lady said thanks I stood up and thanked her back and gave her a "firm" handshake...lol She said I will recieve a card in the mail within a couple of days.
Mom that's good right? She asked me if I mind taking a drug test...I said no I will take any test...(now i'm really laughing inside) Mom she asked me about my schedule and how I deal with difficult people and she doesn't tolerate tardiness and asked me how I would get to work......Mom all that is good right?

Well by the time I got home from work..........James had decided he HAS the job!!! LMAO He said and I quote "mom I have been trying REALLY hard to get a job.I was prepared!! I nailed the questions......I looked neater than the other two girls that were before me......I DESERVE to get this job!!! Ya know?

I wanted to give him the whole speech about if he doesn't get it, something better will come along.......I decided naaaww I will let him ENJOY his moment!!!! He was feeling soooo confident and good.
Shit I felt good too cause it made me realize I MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!!! He is turning into such a fine young man!!! Things like this make a mom proud!!! He says he is going to take over a "lil" bill LOL I said son there are no "lil" bills...LMAO you keep your money but you can take over your cell bill!!!! Maybe you can put a lil sumthin sumthin on our car insurance......LMAO Just kidding...He has his paychecks spent.......he is JUST like his mom.....spending it before he gets it!!!!

THANKS Y'ALL FOR ALL THE POSITIVE COMMENTS........MY BABY NEEDS THIS!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger mrs.tj said...

You know he got his job, just like you will get your job. Good things some to those who bitch and moan, or is it wait, no, no, I think it is Pray. Well you know what I mean. Holla.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Awwww, tell James I was beaming like I was his mother when I read those words. I like his assertiveness!!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Bullet Proof Diva said...

sounds like he came with THE FUNK, I can feel your pride in your words..good job lil mama!

oh and have you checked on your blog settings to see if your template has extra spaces in it?
maybe tinkering with a new template and come back to the original one would help....really, I just don't know either!

6:57 AM  
Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Its cool that he got a gig, tell him I said congrats.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

LOL at Mrs t.j

Nikki: It makes me feel like "yeah...i'm feelining like I must be doing something right" Sometimes as a mom I have doubts...

Wise: Gurl I am the worst at doing anything on the computer!!! I can't figure out how to post my pics hell I can't even fugure out how to cut and paste!! Sad but true!!!

8:37 AM  
Blogger DaKelzz said...

Kudos to James for even WANTING to work...

I hope it all works out for him on the job front and sounds like you are doing an EXCELLENT job!!

Keep up the good work

9:22 AM  
Blogger Aziza said...

Your son sounds like he's been raised really well with manners and all. This will take him very far in life. I hope that he gets the job.

10:16 AM  
Blogger coley said...

Hell ya you are doing something right!!! Be proud! Heck, I'm proud of him... That's so great! And like Kelvin said... It's good that he wants to work, not all young adults have that ambition!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Slow Metamorphosis said...

awww congrats...this is so great! Im happy for him and for you, I know your all proud and stuff. lol.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Diva said...

**panting and breathing heavily**
Girl, I ran as fast as I could to get here...lol
I love this...Momma you are doing your job quite well. Yeah, we doubt ourselves, but our kids are a reflection of us, and he seems like such a good kid. Still lifting you all up in prayer girl.
Gotta run, working under pressure. :-)
**running back outta the blogosphere**

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home