Friday, June 10, 2005

sad day at Diva's

I am so sad today!!! The trip I have been planning since March....is OFF!!! No Essence music fest for me!!!

My gurl that was taking me....she bought me my ticket cause I soooo needed a break!!! I had never been to New Orleans.......

Well she called me last night and told me we couln't go!!! Her mom had an emergency and couldn't get from New Orleans to Detroit!!! She had to trade both of our tickets in to get her mom to Detroit a.s.a.p.....
Marge: Dee I hope you understand

Me: of course I do...you have to do what you gotta do!!!

Marge: I hope you are not mad at me......

Me: noo gurl I was really loking foward to my long over due vacation......

Marge: maybe we will luck up and find some more tickets

Me: naaw that's cool my money was all accounted for...to get a last minute ticket...not gonna work!!!

Marge: i'm so sorry

Me: it's cool...I would do the same for my mom


She sent me a text this morning and I didn't respond....she called my desk and I answered....she said "I sent you a text and you didn't respond" gurl I keep my phone off while at work......"you not mad at me?" No gurl........

I'm sad cause I really wanted to go!!! I need some time away......I'm still gonna take a few days off!!! My lil brother wants me to join him and my nephew in Hawaii after the 4th....I don't know last minute shit is hella EXPENSIVE!!! At least then I would get to see my mom(she lives in Hawaii) my brother and my nephew!!! My mom moved to Hawaii 3 years ago to help my lil brother with my nephew.........then my brother found a better job in Seattle, mom decided to stay in Honolulu......well we will see!!!

SHIT HAPPENS.......I WILL DO SOMETHING!!!!

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

Aw man, I was looking forward to meeting you and kickin' it in New Orleans. I had a few cuties on duty standing by to meet you too. Oh well, we'll have to plan to meet up a blogger meet and greet in the future.

10:45 AM  
Blogger mrs.tj said...

Oh! My heart is hurting for you. Everything happens for a reason. Remember that! Why are we ALL going thru this B.S. I can't get to ATL tonight for my concert/vacation either. I am so depressed I can't even talk about it. BUT...You know we are resourceful women, you BETTER kick it this weekend.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Zantiferous3 said...

Aww I'm sorry you're gonna miss your trip... I know you're disappointed!!! *sniffle* but it sounds like your friend is really feeling bad about not being able to go. Awww... I feel bad for both of you! Don't be mad at her!!! =(( LOL

3:44 PM  
Blogger Diva said...

DAMMIT IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! THE GOVERNMENT! Sorry about the news. Gurrrrrl, my black behind won't be able to go to the festival either! Something about spending a grip on this party. *sigh* But that's okay, I'm gonna make the best of this summer and SO WILL YOU! Do your thing with your family girl if you can. Sounds wonderful.

4:25 PM  
Blogger coley said...

So sorry to hear that your trip is cancelled! Hopefully you can go to Hawaii to see your family instead.
:) Keep your head up gurl, it'll all work out!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Furious said...

yoru blog is broke! why are your entries halfway down the page?! LOL.

aw girl, my heart hurts FOR you about the essence fest. i know you're not mad at your girl, but that's hella disappointing :(

6:27 PM  
Blogger Butta said...

Thanks for visiting my spot a couple weeks ago and commenting. Sorry to hear bout your cancelled trip, but I do feel your pain. I was supposed to go with my best friend to visit a friend of hers working in ST. THOMAS, VI and those plans got kicked to the curb when I got laid off earlier this year. Even with a free place to stay the trip woulda dipped too low into a sista's budget. Like you, I know everythang happens for a reason and some things are outta your control, but that doesn't help it from sucking big time.

9:16 PM  
Blogger E to the dwige said...

So sorry about your trip. Hopefully you'll be able to take some time and do something anyway. If you haven't done so check out those last minute airline fares and see if you can take a trip that way.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Myrah said...

I always think that God changes things like that because something bad was going to happen! That always makes me feel better. So missing the trip isn't so bad if you imagine what awful thing was going change your life forever.

I know I'm so dramatic!

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Reddy said...

Awwwwwwwwww ratz that blows.. perhaps you can find a lil getaway spot in your state.. spa weekend or sumthing.. it is not neworleans, but getting dipped in mud and massaged all weekend should get you cheesy and relaxed too.

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home