Thursday, June 02, 2005

To weave or not to weave? That is the question!!!

1st.....let me say this.......I love the fact that sistahs can be soooo versitile with our hair!!! We can wear weaves, wigs, french braids, pony tails.......the possibilities are endless.....

Our hairstyles are the SHIT!!!!

WHEN DONE RIGHT!!!!!!

Why does the WHOLE world need to know you have a weave?

I have never ever worn a weave.....I don't knock it.....I rock frenchbraids....individuals....I have even had frenchbraids in the front and had the curly afro type hair sewn in the back.....cute......

1: WE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO SEE THE TRACKS!!!!
they are not supposed to look like speed bumps in a residential area!!!

2: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.........TRY AND MATCH THE TEXTURE!!!!!
there are soooo many products to smooth and tame your hair!!!

3: TRY AND COME CLOSE TO THE COLOR!!!!!!
again....there are sooooo many products.....dye....rinses....permanent.....semi-permanent

4: IF YOUR PONYTAIL IS SUPER DUPER SHINY........
AGAIN........product........PRODUCT........PRODUCT!!!!!!

5: why do we have to "over-do-it?
why do you have to buy ALL the hair on the rack?
why does the hair have to reach your waist?
why do you have to use 6 packages of hair?
WHY DOES THE PONY TAIL HAVE TO LOOK LIKE A REAL HORSES TAIL?



I AM NOT "ANTI-WEAVE" JUST DO IT RIGHT!!!!!
PLEASE LADIES.........JUST DO IT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

DON'T TRY TO DO IT AT HOME IF YOU DON'T HAVE A LICENSE/CERTIFICATE!!!!

DON'T LET YOUR GURL DO IT AT HER HOUSE IF SHE DOESN'T HAVE A LICENSE/CERTIFICATE!!!!

DON'T LET THE KOREAN LADY AT THE BEAUTY SUPPLY TALK YOU INTO THE HAIR THAT "LOOKA REALLY NICE FOR YOU"

PLEASE PLEASE JUST TRY AND DO IT RIGHT!!!!

IF NOT.....JUST WORK WITH WHAT THE GOOD LORD GAVE YOU!!!!

14 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

why is my post jacked up?

10:50 AM  
Blogger Sheron said...

i don't know, dee? i was searching for it too. i had to scroll WAY down before i could see it.

what a funny post. i needed this laugh. i am not a fan of weave. i would be SO paranoid about it, so i've spared myself that problem.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Ugh, I can't stand weaves, but if folks must wear them, I'm like you, make sure the textures and colors match.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

ms thing: I have a friend that weaves...I have seen his work and he is always saying how good mines would look and how pretty it would be....i'm like naaaahhh I will rock the braids and frenchbraids....no ponytails and definetly no tracks!!!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

ms. Nikki: I admire gurls who wear them WELL!!! It's nice to "turn into someone else" so to speak...just don't go int OVERKILL!! I luv my sistahs but dam!!!!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Bullet Proof Diva said...

I could HUG you for posting this!

I am a weave enthusiast and I go through GREAT pains in making it natural and ENHANCE my natural beauty. It is SUPPOSED to compliment you, and there is NOTHING complimentary in unmatched, track showing, matty mounds of hair..just UGH.

I am rocking the invisible tree braids now so that I can exercise more in the summer and I have gotten CONSTANT compliments on the color and texture of this style because I made sure to carefully select the hair! It ain't rocket science damn!!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Aziza said...

Amen!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Slim said...

This is too funny! Especially when you say ""LOOKA REALLY NICE FOR YOU" LMAO!!!

5:03 AM  
Anonymous Singing said...

Girl, you killed me dead with this one...but you are so correct. There is nothing wrong with wearing a weave if that is your preference....but be cautious of how it looks.

But the real question is...when did folks stop looking at the back of their head??? Buy an extra mirror and look at yourself so you won't be the laughing stock of the neighborhood. ROTFL

6:29 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Like I said before ladies....I am not "anti-weave" but I just wish sistahs would DO IT RIGHT!!! My friend that rocks weaves is FIERCE!!! She WEARS them....I admire her style!!! AWWW Hell I'll just post it!! LMAO

7:20 AM  
Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

When I couldn't find the right texture and color to match my own, I simply left it the hell alone.

I wish others would do the same. *begging, pleading look*

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Diva said...

Hey lady...I'm as sick as a dog, but I had to say sumthin about this one...

I rocked the weave for 3 months (maybe more hell I don't remember) but I detest seeing folks with weave where you can see the damn tracks and glue and thread and all that. That's a waste of freakin' time. Yeah, I paid a grip, but the shit looked good, ya hearrrrd me? I had my stylist cut it into some nice layers and I had it goin' on child. LOL
Weaves are fine, just let a professional do it.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Myrah said...

ROFL !!! ahhh I did the weave thing once and I loved the way it looked but the up keep was way too much!

I just wanted to take it off every night and lay it on the dresser until I got up the next day! My hair is very fine in texture. I have no weight to my hair it just blows all around on it's own and so I felt HOT with the weave! I felt like a cat was sittin on my head! So that wasn't for me! I wear a wrap style shoulder length Bob. Real simple!

**I do wish I had that heavy hair that lays just right and swings gently. My little brown strands have a mind of their own. (I use lots of hair spray)

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you guys just don't know how to do the weave right and plus if you look like your supposed to have that short nappy african american hair... weave just ain't for you so please stick to pomade and carrot oil.

hahaha.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home