Monday, June 27, 2005

What's a girl to do?

My vacation started Friday at 1:30. I had planned to leave work by noon but it did not quite work out. I picked my oldest up and we (the youngest and I) took him to Sea World to apply for a job. We heard that they hire "EVERYONE" cause summer everybody and their grandma flocks to the "worlds finest city" to do Sea World. My youngest and I sat in the car while he applied. He had to do a drug screen and "mini" interview. I had to explain to him why they had to take a sample of his hair for drug testing. He simply said "mom i'm only 17. Why would I do drugs? Why does anyone do them...just dumb!!" I love my son!! He has the next interview on Wednesday....Keep your fingers crossesd!! He also had an interview last night at the movie theater...I really hope he gets that job instead cause it's closer to our house and I would just have to pick him up from the trolley station. Sea World is really far for him on the bus/trolley but hey...if I have to take him......

Friday evening I got my hair done. Just french braids in front and a curly type weave in back. Best friends cousins are visiting from Oakland so we took them out. We went to a spot we had never been. Can I tell you I had a ball? WELL HELL I HAVE FUN WHEREVER I GO!!! lol I heard from another friend that she didn't like it cause the crowd was kind of "young". I decided I needed to see for myself!!! Yeah there were a few "babies" (early 20's) but it seemed more like the women were young.....But the fellas......oohh wee lots of eye candy. I had a crook in my neck from turning my head....LOL I will go back! I met a very nice gentleman caller from Mississippi. Very nice guy. I sure like them "country boys".

Saturday I lounged most of the day. I hooked up with the girls for lunch at Applebees. We were supposed to go down to the Puertorican fest but we had so much fun in Applebee's....well lets just say they were glad when we left!!! We headed to a friends house for drinks and cards. We laughed so hard...I had a major stomach ache and my face hurt. Best friends cousins are ssshhh let me whisper this in your ear.....they are transexual.......they are HA-LARRE-OUS!!!!!! Jokes non stop!!! There will be a WHOLE post about them!!!!

Sunday....two basketball games for my youngest. In between games I met Mr. Mississippi for lunch. He is very nice but he is only here for 6 months to a year doing contract work....hmmmm we will see! I like this dating thing so far.....After we were done with my son's 2nd game, my neighbor had a barbeque so I chilled with my neighbors a lil while and went to bed early!!! It was cool cause I didn't have to cook!!!

Today......took both the boys to summer school. Now I'm doing laundry cause I didn't do it yesterday. I'm going to clean the house from top to bottom while i'm home alone and can really "get busy" That is if I don't get caught up by my "BLOG ADDICTION"

Y'all have a great Monday....I will!!!!!!



7 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

I'm still praying for James on the jobfront. He'll get something soon. And look at you. Now you're dating a Southern gent, you go girl!!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Niki I decided i'm just foing to have fun. I'm not looking for a relationship for a while. My girlfriends have had so many dating disaters and are now looking to get married....me on the other hand was married my WHOLE life....got right in to a relationship without a "break". I just want to meet people and have fun!!! I will let you know how it all goes!!!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Did you call him a 'gentleman caller'??? Now you are dating yourself!!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Zantiferous3 said...

Dammit to hell... I had to go back and catch up on your blog... I don't know why I didn't have you linked, but you're linked now and I can now update myself on the goings on with you woman!!! =)

The last thing I read before today was that James didn't get the job, after he did so well on the interview (and even though he's impressively bi-lingual!!!). Hmmph... but I"'m all caught up now and ready for July's installments!!! LOL

Your dating chronicles should be very interesting going forward. LOL Awww... and James will find something. He sounds so sweet and innocent, I love to see you write about him. =)))

12:16 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

LMAO at Margaret...yeah i'm an old heffa!!!

Ms X yeah my boys are the bestest!!!
I will do a whole post each about them...Thanks for the idea lady!!

one day I will learn to link all of my favs/daily reads!!! That will be thge same day I learn to post pics!!! LMAO!!!

12:31 PM  
Blogger muffin said...

i love them country boys too girlfriend! lol

1:39 PM  
Blogger SimplyDiva said...

I hope your baby gets the job at the movies. Trust me, movie popcorn will be just flowing through the house! lol

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home