Wednesday, June 22, 2005

WHO IS THE SHIZNIT?

Guess who is employee of the month?

That's right boys and gurlz.....ME! Boss lady ruined it because she told me right before the staff meeting yesterday!! I swear that lady can't hold water but I love her to death!! I acted really suprised though...lol....give me an emmy!!! I got a $125 gift certificate from a list of stores!! I decided on DSW cause I could use couple of summer sandles!!! YEAH!!! Boss lady said she picked me cause I "held it down" while she was chillin on the beach in Hawaii!!!

Boss lady asked me to call human resources to find out where my application was. Her boss had not yet recieved it. I tried to explain to her that they didn't foward my application to her boss because they felt I was not qualified.....I reminded her that it is H.R's job to "weed" through the applicants and foward the appropriate ones.......her response was "oh yeah, you're right". She called over and yep....just like I thought...they had my application in the "she.has.got.to.be.kidding.pile"!! Boss lady had them fish it out of said pile and she fowarded it to her boss!!! Now this is the funny part.....boss lady asked me last night "when would you like to set up your interview?" I laughed and said you mean when do I want us to take an "extended" lunch ....LOL We have worked together for a long time and she knows me very well....I will keep y'all posted.......Maybe the diva will be hanging up her scrubs for some bidness attire....LOL Any excuse to shop!!!

The new guy is still cool! We talk/text everyday...He decided that we should just "hang out" and enjoy each others company while getting to know each other.....HUH? I said is that code talk for I should pay sometimes? He just laughed and said "DEE YOU ARE SO CRAZY" Shit I was serious as a heart attack!!! He is new to San Diego from Jersey so I guess it would be kind of cool to get my "tour guide Barbie on" LOL I will let y'all know how it goes.......

I decided yeah i'm gonna line me a couple of suitors up and see what happens......I'm not trying to be a "playa playa" Kelz...lol I just figure I have a lot of catching up to do.....17 years worth...LOL

10 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

First, congrats on making EOM!! Second, I'm still hoping that they give you the new position. And lastly, enjoy the new man.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

THANKS MS. NIKKI!!! I'M TRYING NOT TO THINK ABOUT THE "POSISTION" BUT IT'S HELLA HARD WHEN EVERYONE KEEPS BRINGING IT UP....MY GRANDMA CALLED LAST NIGHT.....SCARED THE HELL OUTTA ME CUZ WE ONLY TALK ON THE WEEKEND!
"SWEETIE DID YOU HEAR ANYTHING YET"?

8:55 AM  
Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Congrats!! That means you are buying the drinks, right?..lol

9:02 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Congrats on employee of the month and good luck on the new position.

My girl once told me when she was in the market for someone new that she was looking for a "sponsor", that girl didnt pay for a thing. I laugh everytime I hear this - a sponsor, LOL

10:27 AM  
Blogger muffin said...

congrats!

lol @ the small talk. cute!

i'm so mad at your 17 yrs worth of catching up!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Brandi said...

Congrats on EOM That is wonderful news and you deserve it!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Bullet Proof Diva said...

Congrats Dee!! that is soo great! it has to feel good to be recognized and then to have such a wonderful gift!! I wanna see pics of your purchases so get that cam to work and post em up!! LOL

3:40 PM  
Blogger Slow Metamorphosis said...

Well congrats on the potential new job...we all know you got it in the bag!!! And can I be employee of the month...gift certificates..wow I wish!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Sheron said...

Congrats, lady!

17 years worth? Get busy!!!

And in the words of Michael Jackson (whom I SHOULD NOT quote right now for obvious reasons LOL)... "don't stop til you get enough!"

4:02 PM  
Blogger SMW said...

Dang! I'm always late cuz I can't read blogs at work, but hey Dee, you seem so sweet.

Have fun on your dates!

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home