Friday, July 08, 2005

The big interview!!!

1st off I was soo not prepared for an interview yesterday! I mean my hair was combed, scrubs clean and ironed...etc...etc....But I was not in the mental state if you know what I mean!!! 1st thing out of boss lady's mouth is "Dee they want to interview you at noon". I can handle this....even if it is my 1st day back after vacation....

I go downstairs at noon and there are lots of chairs in a semi circle....I don't think much of it. I'm thinkinking they have a staff meeting afterwards. In walks the lady that is the "acting" manager. She is also one of the people who pushed me to apply. Then in comes Ms. Alice. She is the "front desk lead" She has been here since they built the building!!! LOL Then Paula she is a LVN like me and the back office lead downstairs. Then Here come not one not 2 not 3 but 4 Dr.'s.....four Dr.'s that I don't know......I worked in this clinic years ago and all theese Dr.'s are new. Luckily the last Dr.to walk in...I know....she is the Medical director and I worked with her years ago when she was fresh out of residency......she is the only one of the docs that greeted me with a smile by name....that made me feel good!

Juanita(acting manager): Dee I hope you don't mind but we decided to have a few people involved in the interview process.

ME: That's fine

Juanita: so we will all just ask you questions at random

Me: sure

Then the questions came at me!!! I answered them all very well I think. I made sure to make eye contact with every person. I think I did o.k. There were two of the Dr.s I couldn't really read though!!! They wouldn't give me a lil smile..........

When I got back upstairs all my Docs wanted to know how I did. The wanted to know if I "WOWED" them. I said I felt pretty good for the most part but i'm unsure. I have had many interviews in my day and I must say I have always done really well! I just couldn't "read" them.

I prayed on it and if it's meant to be.......I will have it. If I don't get it......hey I still have my job here where i'm needed and respected for what I do!!!

A couple of the Dr.s came by to wish me luck and a couple came in to say "we want you to get it but we really don't want you to leave" That makes me feel good!

Thanks to all of you for your well wishes....I appreciate it!!!
My feelings were sooooo hurt last night cause only ONE of my girlfriends called me to find out how the interview went!!! ONE!!!! I sent out texts to all my girls and only ONE called me to find out what happened!!! I was hurt!!!
I don't know y'all from a can of paint......And all my blog pals wished me well and cheered me on!!! You all are the BESTEST!!!!!! I mean it!!!!!

As soon as I find out anything.......My "blog crew" will be the 1st to know!!!!!

THANKS YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!

14 Comments:

Blogger Brandi said...

Good Luck sweetie. I know you will get it!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

I pray things go well for you Dee!! Love ya, sis.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Butter Pecan said...

I will say an extra prayer for you and your job. I know you have the job. Good Luck Chick!!!!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Zantiferous3 said...

AWWWW!!! Good LUCK!!! I wish you all the best... but remember that if you don't get it (I know you will) you need to thank God anyway, because it was for a reason!! =))))

{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

9:54 AM  
Blogger epitomi said...

yeah.... good luck... i just happened to have had an interview this morning...7:15 am.... my goodness was my stomach doing all types of gymnastic routines... but here, we are made of that good stuff... they would only be uninformed and misled not to choose us!!!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Thanks you guys are the best!!!
My gurls let me down by not calling knowing what this means to me!!! But you guys gave me the support I needed!!!

My blog buddies ROCK!!!

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Singing said...

Girl...I am praying for you!!! Hope all turns out well.

Smooches

11:44 AM  
Blogger muffin said...

*hugs* be easy this weekend!

1:41 PM  
Anonymous grayse said...

You know, Ive realized that sometimes the people in the blogworld do seem to care more than people in the real world! I know what you mean about being hurt- sometimes you need/want that support...

But anyways- I sincerely hope you did as well as you think and that they LOVED you!!!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Aziza said...

We're all praying and hoping that you get the job.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Kayla said...

Good Luck, Dee! I'm praying as well. I knew you'd do well in the interview. Claim that, girl!

7:22 PM  
Blogger coley said...

I will keep my fingers crossed for you hun! Like you said if it's meant to be it will be... and you have nothing to loose, so it's all good!!! :) xoxoxo

10:46 AM  
Blogger Ms. Maybelline said...

Best of luck@

3:43 PM  
Blogger SimplyDiva said...

I'll say it again.

Good Luck!
Good Luck!
Good Luck!!!

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home