Monday, August 08, 2005

Homesick........

Saturday morning I decide to go visit my aunt. I had not seen her since March. She lives about an hour and a half away! She is my O.N.L.Y. relative in Cali. Me and my youngest gas up at 9 a.m and hit the freeway.

That evening we hop in her truck and head to her best friends house. She is also my aunt in my eyes. She and my aunt headed out to California right after highschool together. She has been around my WHOLE life. We hung out at her house laughing and drinking. Talking about old times.

Sunday we went to brunch at an AWESOME jazz brunch club. There was a live jazz artist. He came to our table to sign my aunts cd she purchased. Guess what? He is from Chicago too!!!! Now for thoose of you that don't know.......us Chicagoans are a rare breed!!!! When we get together.............we had such a good time tallinkg about home!!!!

Overall it was nice to be around loved ones. I miss my family!!!!! California is great but there is no place like home!!!!

HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!!

14 Comments:

Blogger Nicky said...

Glad to hear you had a great time with your relatives. You are so right there is no place like home..

8:39 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Yeah, I got to see some of my Detroit peeps here in my city when Kem came to town on Friday. Made me miss Detroit all over again. Ain't no place like home.

9:55 AM  
Blogger sonyared said...

Hey Dee! sounds like u had a "purty" nice weekend! Good for you. It's the things in life such as that , that put a smile on our faces.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Schatzi said...

I would love to have brunch at a place like that! Glad you got to spend some time with your aunt!!

Hey.. We're planning a trip over by you next summer! For 10 days!!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Meka said...

There is nothing like good family. Family who you know and whom know you. Reminiscing over good times is one of my favorite things to do. Glad you had a good time and happy Monday to you too.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Msnhim said...

There is nothing Like spending quality time with family. Glad you had fun!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Slow Metamorphosis said...

Aww I am glad you got to visit fam...that is always nice. Aint nothin' in the world like coming home.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Coley said...

AAWWWWW glad you had a good time with the fam! Happy Monday!!! :~)

3:56 PM  
Blogger MeCrazyMe said...

Girl... I love brunch thanks to my cousin and I like to hang out at the dinner table talking shit and making people laugh. Miss ya family? Give them a call that should make you feel better or I can lend you my dorothy shoes... LOl Happy Monday to you too.

5:49 PM  
Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Know the feelin', girlie. I haven't been able to make it home, so home made it's way to me, equipped with Faygo and Vernors. LoL

6:06 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

You're right Dorothy, "there's no place like home". Especially when home is New York City (no disrespect to any other city). I have come to one major conclusion over the years - the more you travel, the more you'll miss home.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Brandi said...

I am so glad you had a nice time. I agree there is no place like home!

7:08 AM  
Blogger courtneyelizabeth said...

awwww....nice post...glad you guys had fun reminiscing..:)

7:21 AM  
Blogger Zantiferous3 said...

*sigh* Girl... please don't mention homesickness... I am liable to break down and cry.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home