Monday, August 15, 2005

WHAT A GOOD WEEKEND!!!

I HAD A GOOD WEEKEND!!! I DIDN'T DO MUCH!!!! PERFECT...........

School shopping with Harry ( the youngest) was perfect!!!! YAHOO!!!!! we went to two stores!!! 2 only!!! The footlocker cause they give a 20% military discount. Something just told me to have the guy measure my baby's feet.............he is a WHOLE size bigger than he was in June. The last time I got him shoes was for his birthday in June.......I got a 71/2. He is now an 81/2 now!!! What the hell!!! He has been walking around with too little shoes!!! I had to get 2 pair caise we had to go home and throw all the TOO little shoes away!!! Now I have to go buy some "play" shoes off of somebodys clearance rack!!!

Next we went to the Navy Exchange......no tax and 20-40% cheaper than regular stores. We got ALL our shopping done and school supplies!!!! I was too thrilled!!! We had lunch and went home to PLASTER my ass on the couch!!!

Sunday NADDA NOTHING!!!! Laundry and housecleaning done by 8 a.m. Took James to work and returned to my posistion on the couch!!! He took the bus home (yeah) The only other thing I did yesterday was braid Harrys hair while consuming a WHOLE bottle of Merlot...............the parts were a lil crooked but he luved it!!!

Today was the 1st day of school for my youngest. I came in late to work so I could drive him to school. I ALWAYS drive him on the 1st day...it's our tradition.

harry: are you takink me to school in the morning?

me: of course

james: mom he's too old for you to take him

harry: no i'm not!!!

james: what are you gonna walk him on the 1st day of high school?

me: yeah if he wants me too!!!

harry: I want you too!!!

james: i'm glad I won't be there!!

harry: mind your business it's our tradition!!!

Then it hit me like a ton of bricks....this time next year I will have a "grown ass man" and my baby will start high school!!!

DAM WHERE DID THE TIME GO?

Have a good Monday!!!

18 Comments:

Anonymous carmelcomplexion said...

AAAAWWWW so sweet, you got a grown ass baby!!!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Awwwww, that's sweet that he wants to honor the tradition of you taking him to school. Cherish it because they will be out of the nest sooner than you know it.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Msnhim said...

I have that same tradition with my kids... and i will be taking them to High school of their first day.. whether they like it or not .LOL

2:13 PM  
Blogger Schatzi said...

Aww... That's too sweet!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Bballmom said...

Wow school started already. I have two starting on 9/6 and one starts on 9/14. Shopping yet to be started.

I'm afraid, my oldest by has grown about 2-3 inches since January and
is now a size 16 shoe. That might change in a month!!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

Kids sure do grow up fast nowadays. Cherish these moments now while you can.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Nicky said...

That is so sweet that your son wanted you to keep up the tradition. I agree with everyone kids do grow up right before your eyes. My son will be in his senior year of high school this year and my daughter will be a junior, and I keep asking myself where the hell did the time go. So cherish the small things.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

HOLLY SMOKE - I dont want one of those, LOL I am not looking forward to having a grown ass man! LOL What a sweet boy you have.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Slow Metamorphosis said...

Housework done by 8? geez you are good mama. lol. Time surely flies when you are having fun.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Aziza said...

That's so sweet that your younger son still let's you drive him to school the first day.

*lol* @ Slow Metamorphosis: It takes me all day long to clean up. Dee is great to have it done by 8 a.m.

7:11 AM  
Blogger SimplyDiva said...

I'm with everybody else. Yeah it's real sweet, but let's talk about you drinking the bottle of Merlot while braiding. Poor baby with the crooked parts. LOL

7:59 AM  
Blogger Meka said...

I get that 'where did the time go' feeling all the time with my little one. And I feel you with the shoes. I just bought size 7 1/2 for my 18-month-old son. His feet are huge and I have a feeling it's only going to get worse from here. Sounds like you had a relaxing weekend. Good post!

9:11 AM  
Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Taking the kids to school on the 1st day is a tradition of mine too. I think Miki had pity on me and LET me drop her off NEAR the high school. Bless her wannabe diva heart.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Coley said...

AAWWW That's sweet! Life is so short isn't it!!!??? I learned that when my died unexpectedly about 2 years ago! It's so true about living each day to the fullest!

Not that you don't, but cherish these special moments with your boys! They're lucky to have a good mother like you!!!!

Smooches, Coley

4:03 PM  
Blogger button_nose said...

I love the realtionship you have with your boys! I know I say this all the time but everytime I read one of your post and you write about them the love just jumps off the page.

5:11 PM  
Blogger WIP said...

Toast. To: back-to-friggen-school. *Hiccup* Cheers.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

Oh I know just how you feel when you realize they are growing up. I swear it seems like just yesterday that I was changing their diapers. Then comes "empty nest" syndrome. Ugh... a house should always ring with the laughter of children.

9:03 PM  
Blogger princessdominique said...

I can never find anything I NEED to get during tax free week/weekend. I need to give you my new email address Dee.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home