Monday, September 26, 2005

All star tribute to Luther.....

I went out yesterday and got the all star tribute to Luther. I lub me some Luther.....I grew up listening to him and my kids are growing up to him.

MARY J./ never too much: she did o.k. I am a Mary fan. Period I know a lot of folks don't care for her but I have ALWAYS liked her style.

USHER/superstar: I have never really been an usher fan but he SANG.THIS.SONG. He did a great job........LOVE IT!!!!!

FANTASIA/TIL MY BABY COMES HOME:1st of all who let her take part in the project? I'm so not feeling ghetto.fabulous.period.

BEYONCE' & STEVIE WONDER/SO AMAZING: shit you could have put Michelles.clumsy.non.singing.falling.on.106.and.park.ass on the record with Stevie and it would have still been the shit!!!

ARETHA/A HOUSE IS NOT A HOME: What can I say!!!! Aretha.......is aretha

DONNA SUMMER/POWER OF LOVE: ***crickets chirping....hmmmm

ALICIA KEYS/IF THIS WORLD WERE MINE: she did a good job.......doesn't give me goose bumps

ELTON JOHN&LUTHER/ANYONE WHO HAD A HEART: AWESOME!!! I have always liked Elton John....ALWAYS!!!!

CELINE DION/DANCE WITH MY FATHER: she did it justice!!!! Sang it like it was written for her. she has such a pretty voice!!!

WYCLEF JEAN/ALWAYS AND FOREVER: WHY?????WHY???WHY????
WHY.IN.DA.HELL.WOULD.CLIVE.DAVIS.LET.HIM.MESS.THIS.CLASSIC.UP?

BABYFACE/IF ONLY FOR ONE NIGHT: He did a great job. He is "babyface" but I think he could have did a better job on another song.......

PATTI LABELLE/HERE & NOW: after all she is "PATTI" the DIVA she put her own spin on it and did the dam thing!!!!

JOHN LEGEND/LOVE WON'T LET ME WAIT: He also did a good job. someone else could have probably did better but hey.......you can get through the song!!!

ANGIE STONE/SINCE I LOST MY BABY: Angie did a great job. she will have you moving to the beat for sure!!!!! Go Angie!!!

JAMIE FOXX/CREEPIN: He put it DOWN!!!! He put his own spin on it and saaannngg!!! He was the right person to do this song!!!! LUVED IT!!!

All and all I liked this cd. I am not usually fond of remakes. This really is a tribute to one of the greatest singers ever!!!! It was worth every penny.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THE VH1 HIP HOP HONORS TONIGHT ON VH1!!!!

YEAH I LUV ME SOME HIP-HOP!!!! ONLY THE REAL SHIT....NOT THE "HOTT.GARBAGE.THEY.TRY.AND.PASS.AS.HIP-HOP."



16 Comments:

Blogger Echo said...

Gurlllll I loved your review. I like Mary too, Abused Mary was the shid!

I am going to get this cd, Your review made me want it more.

I can't wait to hear Jaimie Foxx tear it up!

3:30 PM  
Blogger P. Alonzo Harris Jr. said...

hey there...just dropping by...

i enjoyed reading through your blog...

your reviews are right on point with regards to this CD...i plan on making sure my fam who are luther devoutees know about this great cd...

i look forward to your future posts...

5:18 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

I LOVE me some Mary and always have - even when she couldn't sing worth a damn.

Sounds like a good CD - Thanks for the great review. I think that is one I will have to buy.

4:37 AM  
Blogger defiant goddess said...

Aw man, I haven't heard it yet but after reading this review, I will definitely check it out. Thanks!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

I never liked tribute albums. Even with other singers put their own spins on songs, it's usually not that great. Of course, vets like Stevie and Aretha are gonna shine, but the other acts are usually subpar.

6:42 AM  
Blogger The Foxybrown Show said...

Hmmmmm All I'm sayin is I have traveled for NY to LA and back to catch Mary in different cities...Love Luther but I love MJB!!!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Slim said...

I have heard bits and pieces of it on the radio and my favorites are usher and jamie foxx. I agree with your review of the CD though. I absolutely love Luther! Great Post!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Msnhim said...

Sounds like I am gonna have to get this CD.


Oh and Old Hip hop IS that Shit!!!!!!!!!!!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Aziza said...

I agree with Nikki. I'm not so much into remakes and tribute albums, because it sounds weird to hear anyone else's voice but Luther's. I only want to hear him sing his own songs. No one can sing like he can. I'll just have to stock up on his CDs.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Kayla said...

Girl, I love the CD as well! As for the hip hop tribute...I was ready for it too!! LOL I watched it, and it was DA BOMB!!!..took a sista BACK, ya hear me? I was all up in my berthing doing the whop, cabbage patch, rogger rabbit..all that, gurl! LMAOO I was hyped as hell..I was too through when Big Daddy Kane and his dancers did their old dance step...with his old ass! He still got it, though! So I aint mad at'em! LOL

11:45 AM  
Blogger Nia said...

LMAO @ the comment about Wyclef...all I can say is exactly!

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Xquizzyt1 said...

*sniffle* RIP Luther!!! I don't think I want the tribute album... there is no one that can do his stuff justice. Even with all the remakes, he made those songs his OWN!!! =)))

4:28 PM  
Blogger The Foxybrown Show said...

Gurl take of them scrubs and put on your reading glasses it's WHY Wednesday and I have a shocker for you all!

I'll see you on the show!

Oh wait...WHY is this my second entry on one post!

5:04 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

LMAO at foxy!!!!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Sheron said...

J Records should've let Jamie sing the entire tribute album. He's the best on the CD.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

I was listening to the CD while I was driving to North Carolina. I like the Mary J. Blige cover as well as the Fantasia cover. I only have one question though. How could they possibly do this CD without Ruben Studdard doing "Superstar"?

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home