Monday, November 21, 2005

Great weekend!!!!!

I had a great weekend.........I hope you all did too!!!!

1st off it has been really nice out here!!!!! It's mid November and it's been BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Sure as hell doesn't seem like Thanksgiving when it's 80 degrees outside........ducking as my peeps on the east coast throw shit at me..........

Friday night I did nothing.......I was supposed to go out but I went to bestfriends house to get the front of my hair re-braided and she took FOREVER!!!! But hey when it's FREE..............

Saturday I went to Mexico to eat lobster with a fellow blogger. We had a great time. There was another blogger there as well she is hella cool so is he. It felt like we had known each other for a minute instead of just meeting........"I luv my people" lol I will not name names without permission but I will say I look foward to kicking it with them again!!!!! The females(the fellow blogger and her gurl) were easy to talk too. Sometimes when meeting women for the 1st time and you are new to their crew, women can be a lil "stand offish" but they were not at all!!!!

The female blogger had also gone to the D.C. blooger meet up and showed me some pics.......it was nice to put faces with some of the blogs i've read in the past.....SMALL WORLD!!!!!

Sunday I lounged all day. It was soooo hot all I could do is lay on the couch!!!!! I should have got my ass up and went to get a freaking turkey and ham but NOOOOOOOO not your gurl.........

We went to see LYFE and Vivian Green at the house of blues last nite!!!!
Dude was nice!!!!! I only knew a couple of songs but I WILL go get his CD!!! His vibe was hella cool and he mentioned his faith a few times and that is rare theese days!!!! He had one song where he kept saying how he knows he needs to be in church on Sunday instead of doing other ish and couldn't we ALL relate???? Vivian Green has a great voice......Who can't relate to "i'm on an emotional rollercoaster, luvin you aint nothin healthy.......luvin you was never good for me....................."

Well it's Monday and boss lady is gone so theese heffas need to be watched!!! Two of them called me at home yesterday to "call in"

When the cats away theese mice call.the.hell.in..................

Have a GREAT MONDAY!!!!!

20 Comments:

Blogger Groove said...

Ohhhh Gurl Lyfe is an excellent CD, I am green with envy that you seen him!!!

I bought his cd 2 times :(

8:17 AM  
Anonymous O said...

Dee, feel free to discuss that trip as much as you want. Just disguise the names to protect the innocent, k? E'rything from the sex show in the backseat (almost), to the drink-off between you and Goldie. Goldie's not actually a blogger, she just is the linesister of a blogger and we been knowin' eachother off and on since grade school.

I'm glad you came, and we need to kick it some more, so keep me in mind next time you got something going. Thanks for coming!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Closet Owner said...

Nice!

Ms. Green is tight. Her songs remind me of Anita, same kinda innate sadness.

I was on that Lyfe CD but I got a burn...be careful what you pay for.

Hmmm, a blogger meeting, potential?!?!?!

9:14 AM  
Blogger brooklyn babe said...

Right back at cha babes!

11:01 AM  
Anonymous SimplyDiva said...

Lyfe's cd is hot. I love it. And I'm jealous that you got to hear him and Vivian live and I live in Oklahoma where the only live performance occur at the state fair dammit! lol

11:23 AM  
Blogger Nicky said...

Glad to hear you had a nice meet up, so did we over here on the East Coast. ;o)

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Nikki said...

Lyfe always puts on a good show.

12:52 PM  
Blogger African girl, American world said...

Must be nice (isn't that Lyfe?) to have dinner in Mexico. 80 degrees! 80 degrees? Not exactly on the east coast but throwing somethng at you anyway. Glad you had a good weekend!

1:03 PM  
Blogger BossMack said...

I'm going to see Lyfe and Vivian this Saturday. I like how you make sure you have fun, I love that shit.

1:38 PM  
Blogger courtneyelizabeth said...

Glad you had a good weekend. I wanted to see LYFE! I still havent burned his CD, but I will definately do so...It's Monday...and only two more days of work until we're OFF for FOUR! woo hoo! :)

2:41 PM  
Blogger princessdominique said...

The Princess sucking her teeth @ 80 degrees.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Jaimie said...

I've never met any other bloggers (except for my boyfriend, who I live with). How did you arrange that?
And yes, California weather is sooo beautiful right now! I'm loving it!

6:15 PM  
Blogger E to the dwige said...

hmm I want lobster! Glad you had a great w/e! I also met up with some NYC bloggers on friday night and had a good time. Happy week!

7:41 PM  
Blogger defiant goddess said...

That is so cool. I'm glad you met up with some blogger friends. After I get off this fast, maybe we can grab a bite some time.

6:12 AM  
Anonymous call2arms said...

I'm loving the weather as well.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Kayla said...

I would love to see Lyfe perform! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself throughout your various adventures..Mexico, huh? Oh yeah, you know it aint 80 degrees over here! It was actually all right today. It was about 48. I know you're wondering if I bumped my head. LOL When you're used to the weather flip floppin in VA and when you know how cold it can really get here..48 is all right.. got folks actin crazy over here like it's cold or something...lol...must be from Cally..LOL...miss you sis!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

Glad you had a good weekend. Wish I could have gone with you to see Vivian Green.

I didn't get much sleep this weekend. I organized (no pun intended) the most recent NYC Blogger meet up and we had a blast.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Have a great thanksgiving and good you had a great weekend////

10:17 PM  
Blogger Deirdre said...

Loves me some Lyfe Jennings girl...

Just passing through seeing what's good with you.

Happy Thanksgiving ma!:)

6:46 AM  
Blogger DJ Diva said...

i wanna know who u met with LOL all nosey ;)

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home