Thursday, December 15, 2005

I did it!!!!!

No more glasses for me!!!!! I got contacts today!!!!!

You might be saying/thinking "big deal Dee"

Well let me tell you........this was my 3rd attempt to get fitted!!!! I chickened out the last three times!!!! My eye Dr. wanted me to take them out and put them in not once but TWICE before I could get them.

The 1st time last year I just didn't even try!!!!
The 2nd time I didn't go to the appointment
Today I went in for my eye exam and she pushed.I mean persuaded me to try......

Dr. Joe: just try while you're here. Your vision has not changed from last year. I will give you two different kind and in 1 month come back and tell me which you like better.

Me: uuhhhh o.k I guess...

Dr.Joe: c'mon you can do it....(walking out to get contacts)

Me: Dee you can do this.....

She comes in puts them in and sends me to the room with the tech. He gives me a bunch of stuff. I sit down and I must take them out and put them in again.........this guy is so sweet and relaxed. I have to send him a starbucks card....he was very nice. I would have been like "look lady......I have other people to see" LOL After 30 minutes........I completed my mission and I was off with my cute lil bag of goodies!!!!

I have only had glasses for 3 years now............I'm sick of them!!!! I miss being able to wear cute lil sun glasses. My glasses are ALWAYS dirty!!! You can't really see my eye makeup the RARE times I decide to try and be ultra sexxxy. I forget my glasses ALL.THE.TIME. I sit on them and lay on them..........................NO MORE!!!!

Now if I could get past this feeling like they are moving or going to pop out or sumthin is in my eye.........LOL

I'm so proud of me!!!! Let me run out and get me some MAC eye shadows!!!!!



17 Comments:

Blogger Carmell said...

i bought some contacts 4 1/2 years ago and have onle worn them once. I CAN"T GET THEM IN!!!!! the are cute too. they are honey brown and i look GOOD in them but i can't get them in so oh well!!! good for you though. i wish i was that brave! i've worn glasses for 14 years. but my last pair that i got the same time i got the contacts my neice was like1 and she was sitting on my moms brick fire place stratchin them up on the brick!!! i just recently got a pair last month and for about 3 weeks my eyelid has been twitchin so i don't know if it is the glasses or what!! to much drama!

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Just Will said...

Congratulations! I've only tried once, but I think about trying contacts everytime I get new glasses. I've been wearing my glasses since '98 so they don't bother me as much as they used to.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Jaimie said...

contacts are so much than glasses! congrats!

4:32 PM  
Blogger African girl, American world said...

Congratulations!!

Girl the 1st time I tried to put those suckas in it was more than 30 mins so you did good!

7:29 PM  
Blogger ddsprncs said...

I was an optician for 5 yrs, I have taught many people how to wear and care for contacts and it is not easy sooo congrats! If you need any tips let me know.

I don't care what they tell you please dont sleep in them I have seen some gross stuff -including a contact fused to an eye! (she had to get surgery)

1:00 AM  
Anonymous O said...

I read all that, but the only thing I really focused in on was the cocktails...you'll be hearing from me shortly--okay, once it's regular hours again I mean. Congrats on the eye thing, too.

2:09 AM  
Blogger chele said...

Good for you! I've been wearing contacts for more than 20 years and I would never go back to glasses. When I used to wear glasses I always took them off before going to the club. People used to say to me, "How can you see?" I would answer: "I'm not here to see -- I'm here to be seen!"

5:48 AM  
Blogger Shai said...

Dee, I wish I could get contacts but I get too much cold in my eyes due to allergies.

I was wondering about laser eye surgery but I am scared as hell. I know only one person who had it done,she paid $4000 cause her eyes were really bad. I am like whoa, then I wonder if the surgery will have side affects years later.

I am leery off the surgical fads so I am not going there. I feel ya on the glasses thing. I have had mine for like 6 years and I get tired of having to clean them. I hate that I cannot see when I go swimming. I wish too I could wear cute summer glasses.

Girl, funny though how folks make assumptions about people who wear glasses. Have you had guys intrigued with you cause you had glasses?

6:48 AM  
Blogger mrs.tj said...

Awww! I bet you look cute. You need to post a pic.
I meant to ask if you had an amazon.com wishlist.
I will e-mail ya.
Holla!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Juicy said...

Congrats! Enjoy the possibilities of different eye colors! New color, new you!

8:12 AM  
Blogger princessdominique said...

Girl that's right MAC is my joint! Great new look for the upcoming birthday girl!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Butter Pecan said...

Congrats on the new contacts, I have not yet decided to try them yet. I would love to wear them but dont think I could put them in and take them out. I may try it for my next exam. If it takes me over 10 minutes Im giving up b/c I am never on time and not being to put contacts in would only make it worse.

You need to post some pictures.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Aziza said...

Congrats on conquering the contact lenses fear. I really only need my glasses for driving or to see things far away. But I'm afraid to wear the contacts, since a co-worker's daughter made a mistake and scratched her cornea with the contact lens and her eye became infected. That alone kept me with the glasses. But every now and then I think about getting contacts.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Msnhim said...

Congrats on the contacts.... I use to own a pair ( color not vision) but I let them dry out and yeah they are hard to put in but go you !!!!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Carmell said...

oh thank you for the words of encouragement!!!! everybody seems to have the same issues and i have yet to hear someone say they got their money from these dead beats!!!!

2:51 PM  
Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Congrats gurlie!!

I've been wearing contacts for about 14 yrs and I love them. I had to get used to putting my finger in my eye....now? I can put those bad boys in at stop signs... no trouble at all. I got tired of those lil' dings on my nose.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Kayla said...

Yeah!!!! LOL Girl, I haven't done this yet. I want to, though. I have so many fly azz shades I like to wear, and can't! Sometimes, though, I say forget it and wear them anyway. LOL I can't see worth shit, but I'm still fly. LMAOOOOO

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home