Monday, December 12, 2005

Weekend in a review.......

Hey you guys...................

Friday night my gurl had a tree trimming party. Now this chick is ONE of my bestfriends but sometimes I wonder WHY????

How does she throw a party and expect me to do ALL the work?~?~ Two years ago I threw her a tree trimming party. She was having her 1st christmas in her new lil apaprtment and wanted to have a party. I suggested she make it a tree trimming party. I printed out invites on cute christmas paper. I asked that everyone bring an ornament to "trim" her tree. I thought up games to play and had prizes. I played all Christmas music and gave out disposable cameras to capture ALL the memories.......it OVERALL was fun!!! There were appetizers on cute lil christmas trays...............I out did myself. She gave me some money and the rest I did as my gift to her................

Her version of the party:

she asked me to make not one but THREE dishes!!!!

she had fried chicken and tuna and crakers. oh yeah there was a veggie tray..

her neighbors, me, her roomate, one co-worker and one gurlfriend oh yeah and her neice(who is like 2 days over 21 and acts 16 at times)

no Christmas carols.........Keysiha Cole(GHETTO) I luv her cd but not at a tree trimming party!!!!

no games just us watching each other eat and shit.

drinks..brandy and egg nog(E & J who still drinks that shit???) Vodka with no mixer..........lukily I came with my own pinapple juice. I am currently HOOKED on pinapple martinis. She had no other mixer for the vodka........

only her co-worker and myself brought ornaments when I asked the others they simply said "we didn't know we had to" YEAH I ASKED WHAT???????

She expected me to come through and just DO everything but I said "hellous nous"

Saturday my gurl who is moving to ATL had a going away party. Much more fun. Her roomate gave her a going away get together.......much better done.....leave it to the gay boyz to hook it up!!!!!!


Sunday I chilled and took the 123,324,456,876,999,900 braids out of my dam head!!!! I wish I could post you all the pick of my "FRO"

Last nite me and my youngest went to look for our Christmas tree. We came home empty handed cause the tree we liked so much was $37.95 but it had a metal stand on it and it was $9.95. My son decided he wanted to get the tree "flocked" cause we have never had that done before. That was $3 per foot. Our tree was 6 feet........

$37.95 tree
$ 9.95 stand
$18 .00 flocking

$65.90 Shit I don't think so!!!

we searched and searched for a similar tree with a FREE plastic stand and 2 wooden planks to hold it up but guess what????? Smaller trees with the free stands were priced the same and more!!!! What a fucking gimmick!!!! Dam SHIESTERS!!!!

I was talking to a lady on the tree lot and she told me to go to home depot and get one for $25 and I will go to Target and get a stand........... shit I need to get in the tree biddness...........


10 days til the divas birthday!!!!!

22 Comments:

Blogger Icey said...

SOMEBODY sounds excited about their birthday!!! lol

Fresh trees are RIP OFFS...they die. My pretend one is just fine thankyouverymuch! Don't have to water it, or dispose of it or pick up dried needles off of the floor...just take it apart and put back in the box!!! Wait until after Christmas and get a discounted fake one!

3:35 PM  
Blogger BajanQueen said...

You and your darn Birthday!!

Jokes gurl...I am happy for you. I hope you get whatever you want this year.

I have to get a tree...another of my Christmas need to get to.

~Smooches~

3:51 PM  
Blogger Schatzi said...

Those are the EXACT reasons why we have a "everlasting" (read fake) tree! Easy to put up, Easy to take down & No pine needles to vacuum up!! Right around this time they have them all marked down quite a bit!

Damn.. The party sounds like a flop. Some people aren't meant to throw parties!!

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Nikki said...

I bought myself a prelit Christmas tree last year. I love the real trees, but like Schatzi, I hate to clean up the needles.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

ICEY: when your birthday is 3 days before Christmas you really get punked as a kid soooooo I make up for it as an adult!!!

BAJANQUEEN:gurl be glad you don't live near me cuz you would get tired of the constant reminders...........

SCHATZI: I.HATE.FAKE.TREES. they are so................FAKE!!!! I luv the smell of pine......all through January when you vacum, you can still smell it!!!

4:23 PM  
Blogger ddsprncs said...

I have been to some of those Ghetto parties, myself! Yuck.

As for the tree, I am also in cali I don't know if you have a rite-aid down there (I'm in the bay) but I got my tree there last night and is was on sale for 17.95, also I picked up my stand at the scecond hand store for 3 bucks, I am always down for a deal.
Good luck.

2:33 AM  
Blogger African girl, American world said...

gay boyz rule!

LOL at hellous nous!

brought your own pineapple juice...girl you're a trip!

You took your braids out too? Girl all day Saturday then Sunday had to twist my whole head up - what work!

Only 5 more days now....I hope you're throwing a party cause you know how!

6:58 AM  
Anonymous SimplyDiva said...

First off, what is flocking?

AND......your birthday is the day before mine!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Butter Pecan said...

Seems like your friends depend on you alot. The tree issue, yes they are not so cheap anymore, this was my first year putting a tree in my house but after seeing my kids smile when we were done the price no longer mattered to me. Somethings that cost alot end up being priceless.

7:42 AM  
Blogger BossMack said...

I did tha upside down X-Mass Tree this year, shit is kinda tight.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Carmell said...

fake trees!!!
never again will ido the real tree!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Aziza said...

I guess folks with kids got to get the Christmas tree. I've been rolling without a tree for years now, since I usually spend my Christmas holiday away from my place. Lawd, if I had kids, they would change me.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Juicy said...

Ghetto parties...I remember those days and the friends that came with it! LOL

This year we have the smallest christams tree ever. Its full of lights and little ornaments and my daughter loves it! We are visiting Colorado for Christmas so this will be her first White Christmas!

Enjoy yours!

8:36 AM  
Blogger mrs.tj said...

WHAT THE...
They didn't bring nothing for the tree, to the TREE TRIMING party???
That is what I don't get...As a party thrower, why don't folks bring anything now a days to house parties?
Holla!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Closet Owner said...

I never been to a trimming party, damn I am missing out.

12:17 PM  
Blogger chele said...

Sounds like you throw hella parties ... can I have one? Please???? **whining real loudly**

I indulged in a real tree once and only once -- way too much work and I just don't have the time or patience.

1:54 PM  
Blogger princessdominique said...

Happy Pre Pre Pre Birthday Dee!!!!!!!!!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Msnhim said...

You see that is why I have a fake tree. I paid 80 bucks for it 14 years ago and its still in perfect condition!

2:18 PM  
Blogger sonyared said...

LMAO...the tree buisness. ooh pineapple martinis! sounds good...Next time get a fake tree and some pine tree(can that be anymore non-traditional?LOL it would work 4 me) B-day soon 4 u

2:32 PM  
Blogger brooklyn babe said...

Folks still do those "Trimming tree parties?" I'm soo out of that holiday loop!!!
On the count down with ya..... lol!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Groove said...

My FAKE tree is up! What a crappy Tree trimmin party, Dang, I don't blame you for telling her NO. Some people take advantage.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Nia said...

Christmas trees are a rip off. I live near a park and you best believe if I had a saw and some free time in the middle of the night I wouldn't have bought a tree.

LMAO @the amount of braids. GIRL...don't it feel that way!!!

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home