Tuesday, January 31, 2006

let's take a break from the stalker!!!!!

I decided to take a break from my drama that is the "stalker".

Let's talk about my oldest son, who makes me really proud to be his mom!!!!!

Let me give you new readers a little backround on James.....my first born. He is a senior. He is 17 and an all around good young man!!!

Last May he was asked to the sr. prom by a girl who had been dumped 2 weeks before the prom. James stepped up to the plate and decided to go with the girl. One week before prom I got a call from a teacher saying James had a D in her class. You know I don't play that shit so I called him on his cell and told him "call ol gurl and tell her you can't go to prom with her" Long story short the gurl cried and her mom had the nerve to call me and question the way I parent MY CHILD!!!! She called her self going off on me and I LET HER ASS HAVE IT!!!!! You can go back and read it I think it was titled "oh no she didn't" back in May.................anyway it was a bit much.she even had the vice principal call me as well and I had to give it to her cause as an educator, I expected her to side with me..............it was a big deal!!!! I ended up telling a few folks off!!!!

Fast foward..................a gurl my son works with asked her to a dance at her school. she needed a date at the last minute so he stepped up to the plate.

James: mom this whole being nice to gurls is expensive..........

me: yes sir and it gets better when you start dealing with WOMEN

James: yeah my tux is $95 ans her flower thing is $25

me: wow.......but she's paying for dinner, the tickest and the limo............

James: yeah that's true but she is a cool friend, so it's all good.

me: that's really nice of you..............

James: I don't want to make another girl cry about a dance and me not going at the last minute..........

me: well as long as I don't get any calls about your grades.....

James: aaawww Ma belive me I learned my lesson last time..............my grades are SOOOO STRAIGHT!!!

me: then we have no problems!!!!

James: No Ma we don't cause you don't PLAY!!!

LMAO!!!! Times like this asure me that i'm doing o.k as a mom!!! Sometimes I question myself and wonder if i'm going about parenting the right way but my boys ALWAYS show me that my hard work and lessons/lectures really do pay off!!!

21 Comments:

Blogger Msnhim said...

You GO MOMMY!!!! Thats what we need more WOMEN raising GOOD men.... you have every right to be proud.

Off to read "oh no she didn't"

10:43 AM  
Blogger chele said...

Good for you. Sometimes I wonder the same thing ... am I doing this or that right? My son, his teachers and the parents of his friends reassure me that it is all good.

10:56 AM  
Blogger TTD said...

i remember when my grades weren't up to par.. my mom took basketball away from me.. at the time i "hated" her.. but i appreciate every lecture/lesson that she has taught me.. i can't really relate on the "mommy" tip b/c im not there yet.. but take it from a child.. the tough love makes your child a better persn

11:50 AM  
Blogger mrs.tj said...

Sounds like your boys will make a lady very happy one day.
What about the baby daddy. did he ever say anything else about the taxes?
holla!

12:15 PM  
Blogger BajanQueen said...

You go gurl....I wish I could say the same about myself! My child is a trip and a half!

I'm glad to hear you doing your thing with your boys....

~Smooches~

12:17 PM  
Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

i can't believe the parent called you and question your parenting skills....nowadays...education is taking a back seat to life, i don't know when it started...it damn sho didn't start when i was in school....good post

12:42 PM  
Blogger That Girl Tam said...

YAY!! Sounds like he's turned out to be a smart young man...keep doing a fantastic job...raising children is hard - especially when they don't come with instruction manuals. It's hard raising someone else's kid, even harder to raise your own...

Kudos to you mama!!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Closet Owner said...

That how you do that!

For real...see men got to be responsible...for real...congrats on the man you bringing into this world...Shyte we sure need them.

1:41 PM  
Blogger ddsprncs said...

OK Its hate DDSPRNCS time, as the mother of a daughter I would have been mad if he couldn't go at the last minute, proms are not cheap, and instead of punishing him, she also got punished, as it was her prom. I would have let him go to the prom and tell him the only reason you are going is because you made a commitment to the young lady, then grounded him and taken the cell, the Ipod, the video games, the Tv, until next report card or progress report.

Just my 2 cents.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

ddsprncs: Gurlfriend asked my son 2 weeks before the prom.......last minute.......just because she didn't have a "date' didn't mean she couldn't enjoy the prom.........not having a man on your arm is not the end of the world......that's the message I would want my daughter to get........

2:59 PM  
Blogger "N" Search of Ecstasy said...

Now when you said the girl mom called you, I was thinking that it was going to be because she wanted to try to persuade you to let your son go so that the girl could have a date. The last thing I was expecting was for her to be telling you how to parent your own damn child. She has a lot of nerve!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Neil said...

wow... this could have been looked at 2 ways. I understand u doing what you feel is right as a parent. You can never question yourself in that... no one will EVER be perfect. BUT YOU ARE the perfect parent for your child. As his mom, you did what u felt had to be done.

But as the parent of the daughter, I would have been hurt for my child that she basically lost TWO dates to the prom all within 2 weeks. She had no business calling you and TELLING u anything. BUT as a parent trying to calm a daughter, I can see her ASKING u for the sake of her daughters happiness and her only prom.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Love it!! i would lik efor some woman and call and say shit to me!

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Nicky said...

Girl I have said it before you are a wonderful mom. I don't know you but I can tell by the things that I have read about your children. It's funny because your relationship with your son sounds like the one I have with mine. Girl we are almost done they are both graduating from high school that in itself speaks VOLUMES of our parenting skills. Keep up the good work

5:43 AM  
Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Ohhh I remember that story quite well. I'm on the East Coast and wanted to release the hounds of hell on that child and her mammy.

J knows the deal. Even though proms are special events, it's a privilege, not a right, to go.

5:48 AM  
Blogger DIVA said...

I cannot believe that Vice Principal had the nerve to call you. Going to the prom is a privilege not a right so I am unclear as to why the adults in the situation had a problem with your decision. Unreal.

DIVA

8:11 AM  
Blogger DJ Diva said...

good job!

8:27 AM  
Anonymous JS said...

I think it is a great thing for you to be on your son about his grades, but I feel you should have let him go to the prom for the girl's sake. I had this happen to be for my Jr. Prom and no, he wasn't my last minute date, we had things planned weeks in advance. I had my dress made, purchased accessories, and a week before the prom he did something his mother didn't like and I was left with a dress and accessories that I had no use for any longer. All my friends had dates and there was no way I could have went alone to the event and sat in the corner by myself while everyone else was coupled up and having a good time. You should have let him honor his commitment, where it was last minute or not, and dealt with his grades a different way.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Kayla said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! LOL That's what's up! Good for you. I think MOMS are really hard on themselves. I can understand why, but I feel you're doing a wonderful job. I may not be there day to day to see, but from your posts, I get that. Don't worry, your boys are going to continue to make you proud.

7:24 PM  
Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Err uhhhh, I ain't tryin' ta cause no proooblems on your blog, but uhhhh somebody's smokin' CRACK laced with a hint of stupidity up in here.

If THAT person has ANY affliation to last years fiasco, they might wanna go back and read what Dubya has to say about harassing folks online.

Bottom line, MOMMA had the last say.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

You go girl. Standing your ground with them folks should go without saying! What is wrong with people these days.

Looks as if your raisin a good man!!

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home