Saturday, March 18, 2006

IT'S ALL GOOD!!!!!

IT'S RAINING AGAIN!!!!!! it's all good!!!!

It started last night. It's supposed to rain ALL weekend!!!!! I just think of it as "the cleansing of Dee" I'm not tripping!!!! Last weekend it was making me sad...this weekend i'm thinking of it as a renewal so to speak and when it stops......I will be refreshed and brand new!!!!!

The boys are both feeling better!!! I made Harry stay home the rest of the week and he was/is pissed at me. Says I treat him like a baby!!!! "NEGRO YOU HAVE BRONCHITIS"!!!! I told him if he keeps giving me attitude he will be better instanly cause I will knock the bronchitis right outta his ass!!!!! YOU KNOW SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO GET REAL UGLY WITH A 13 YEAR OLD WHO IS "SMELLIN HIS SELF" as grandma would say................

We (me and Harry) were laying on the couch on Wednesday snugglin and watching a movie. (he's not a baby though....right???) Anyways I looked at him and he was crying.....

me: baby what's wrong?

Harry: mom i'm scared.

me: why??? Of what???

Harry: that you won't find another job and we will be hungry and get avicted....

me: baby you mean EVICTED!!!

Harry: yeah that

me: baby please don't worry!!! I will take care of everything!!!! Everything will work out!!!!! Have you ever been hungry before?

Harry: NO

me: what about avicted?????

Harry: mom that's not funny!!!!

me: don't worry baby we will be fine!!!! I promise...........now stop crying and lets finish our movie caus it's gettin good!!!!!

AT THAT MOMENT I FELT I HAVE TO CHANGE MY OUTLOOK ON THIS!!!! I AM PROJECTING MY WORRY AND FEAR ON TO MY SON!!!! THAT MADE ME FEEL REALLY BAD!!!!! HE SHOULD NOT BE EVEN THINKING ABOUT THEESE THINGS!!!!!

SO AT THAT MOMENT I DECIDED TO LET IT GO!!!!! I KNOW EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE!!!!! THE LAST THING I WANT IS FOR MY BOYS TO FEEL WHAT I WAS FEELING!!!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND YOU GUYS!!!!! I WILL RAIN OR SHINE!!!!!!

14 Comments:

Blogger princessdominique said...

Hang in there you're rational so I know you'll come up with a plan.

11:48 AM  
Blogger DJ Diva said...

Good girl....It will come together and smooth out...

1:43 PM  
Blogger Kayla said...

Good for you. I'm positive everything will work out. I'll continue to keep you in my prayers!

3:32 PM  
Blogger brooklyn babe said...

Its funny what we wear on the outside and don't even realize.
Glad U changing UR (mental) wardrobe.
Spring's coming... peace

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Melinda said...

Thats what kids do..the keep us in check sometimes!

A positive outlook i am sure will really help you and the boys.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Ms. Write said...

It is so nice to know that your son is concerned!! I also think you did/said the right thing to him. You go, girl! I'm sure it will work out for you because God takes care of His children.

Peace and blessings!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Dee, I feel you on this because I've been in a similar situation with my son Ryan. I know how you feel, but I also wanted to remind you that there is something to be learned from every experience and though you never want your child to worry about "adult" things, they too learn from experiences, even bad ones.

Be happy that babyboy is empathetic enough to pick up on what is happening as so many adult males don't have that critical skill. Also, from this experience, your son will learn from watching you that even when things are terribly bad, they can be worked through and you can come through them stronger on the other side. Too much shielding, and our children miss out on critical life-lessons that will serve them well throughout their lives.

Keep doing what you're doing girl: Building strong black men who will one day make some lucky mother's daughter a strong black husband capable of handling whatever life sends their way! Too bad more mothers of sons weren't thinking along those lines when they were building many of the "men" we got "blessed" with ;-)

10:44 AM  
Blogger "N" Search of Ecstasy said...

I'm glad that the boys are feeling better. I know that must have really took a toll on you hearing your son say that, but don't worry. I know its easier said than done but I have all the faith and confidence in the world that you will find another job soon.

Keep your head up!

5:14 PM  
Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

Don't you just love kids...they are such a reality check sometimes.They definitely keep us on our toes. :-)

6:08 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Sometimes it only takes something from the mouth of babes to get us back on tracks. Glad everyone is better.

6:40 PM  
Blogger chele said...

I know that's right. Out of the mouths of babes ...

6:43 PM  
Blogger Honey-Libra said...

It's so funny how kids know what's going on even when we think they don't....good that you recognize the strength that you possess you go girl!!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Msnhim said...

Glad to hear your on a positive note!

8:29 AM  
Blogger P said...

I hate to put them in the same sentence. . .

But Kids and Dogs are always on the scent. They can feel when something has happened.

Harsh realities. *sigh*. I remember having to go through that as a child.

I am glad you were there to comfort and keep him.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home