Monday, May 01, 2006

I don't mind helping but DAYUM!!!!!!

Hey blog fam!!!!! It's Monday!!!!!! Funny how Mondays don't mean a dam thing when you are a lady.of.leisure!!!!!!!

Weekend wrap-up!!!!

Friday nite bestfriends brother-in-laws party!!!!! I love bestfriend 2 death.........but I can only take her WHOLE family in doses!!!!! They are RUDE.LOUD.NOSEY.GHETTO(feel free 2 insert any other adjectives here and i'm sure they will apply!!!!)...............

Saturday 2 friends had a birthday brunch for about 20 people. I don't ever mind helping out but DAYUM!!!!! My job was SUPPOSED 2 be OMELETS.......all the fixins were 2 be already cut up when I got there so all I would have 2 do is prepare them as people asked for them..................well when I got there all the shit was cut up so my friend asked me 2 make the potatoes..............not problem they were peeled all I had 2 do was "smother" them with a lil onion and seasonings................then I ended up cooking bacon and sausage cause no one had done that..............then I scrambled 5....I repeat F.IV.E. DOZEN EGGS!!!!! I have never fried soooooo much bacon in my whole life!!!!! then by the time it was done the grits needed 2 be cooked as well!!!!! I was sooooooo freakin tired by the time it was time 2 make omelets, I made 3 and we ran out of eggs..............THANK GOD!!!!!!!! So one of my gurlfriends went 2 get more eggs and when she got back I said I QUIT!!!!!! I REFUSE 2 SCRAMBLE ANOTHER EGG!!!!!!! Y'ALL HEFFAS ARE ON YOUR OWN!!!!!!! I sat my black ass down and got my "mimosa" on!!!!!!

As the brunch went on.....I noticed that NO ONE was walking around picking up trash!!!!!! ALL the tables were filled with plates, napkins and other garbage!!!!!! So I went and got trash bags and started just walking around cleaning up a lil bit...................not ONE of our gurlfriends got up 2 help me!!!!!! NOT ONE!!!!! The birthday gurl offered but I told her 2 go enjoy her company!!!!!

I was sooooooooo tired when it was over I couldn't even go out with them!!!!!! I got a few "thank-yous" and "you're invited 2 all my parties" Is that supposed 2 be a compliment??????? What do i look like HAZEL up in here??????

Sunday another birthday............we went 2 joes.crab.shack. It was cool as hell but I.HATE.IT.WHEN.THERE.ARE.MORE.THAN.5.PEOPLE.IN.A.DINNER.PARTY!!!!!!!! We are not in 2nd grade!!!!!! There is this thing called tax and gratuity!!!!!!

Why is it the same same people who fuss all the time???

Why order a bunch of shit and then dispute every penny???

Why order SEVERAL cocktails and swear you only had TWO?????

Why do i continue 2 put myself through this??????

"big country" had me staight cheesing last night..............

big country: I was just thinking about you!!!!

me: well i'll talk 2 you on Friday when you get back from sea. Thanks for thinking about me.........

big country: if I called you everytime I thought about you, you would be calling me a "stalker"

me: aaawwwwww dayum!!!!!!

Still taking it slow!!!!!! I did tell him I really enjoyed his company and he was like " I enjoy yours 2. You are cool as hell" so I will just see how things go..................

Have a great week you guys!!!!! I will sure try!!!!!

21 Comments:

Blogger ddsprncs said...

I am tired just from reading that! I dont know how you do it!!!

12:34 AM  
Blogger Kween_of_klubs said...

does Lady Of Lesure mean what i think it means??

5:47 AM  
Blogger LUVIN ME said...

Whew...That was a lot of work.

I hope things go well with you and "Big Country". He sounds cool.

6:05 AM  
Blogger chele said...

That's a whole lot of work for an invited guest. I know what you mean about going out with big groups. I refuse to go out with a certain friend anymore because she makes it habit of returning everything and going over the bill with a magnifying glass and she's cheap as hell and doesn't tip very well ... it's embarrassing. Sounds like you and Big Country are taking baby steps ... good for you!

6:13 AM  
Blogger Hali said...

That was a bit much. You handle it good though. Just checkin' in on ya.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Msnhim said...

See thats why I hate to help out at parties cause you always get stuck with the grunt work!


It always feels good to know that when your not together he's thinking about you!

7:10 AM  
Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

lol...hazel don't let them get to you...how the hell did you get caught up doing all that work?...you a good one...not the kid...

7:28 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

I can't believe they had you doing all the damn cooking. That's ridiculous. If you want to have that many people over you need to prepare in advance.

I am glad that everything is working out for you and Big Country.

8:14 AM  
Blogger TTD said...

damn shame they took advantage of you like that! i hate going out w/ cheap ass people too! you know what you had.. dont act like that! matter fact, seperate checks please!

8:51 AM  
Anonymous melodi said...

I hate going out with big groups too...luckily most of my friends are they type to just split the bill and move on. Makes things much easier.

I will admit though, I'm not really the clean up somebody else house kind of person. I don't expect folks to do it for me, so I don't usually do it at other folks house. You are better than me.

11:35 AM  
Blogger mrs.tj said...

Big Country got it going ON!

Funky ass friends! You got to love em!
Holla!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Aziza said...

Dee: Tell folks that you're "not" Aunt Jemima so that they can stop asking you to cook the whole breakfast. I guess that's why I rarely entertain. It's just too much work.

My goodness. Now you're onto Big Country. *hee hee*

11:45 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Friends can use you up if you let 'em. And Big Country seems to be making an impression.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Honey-Libra said...

Girl I feel ya on the cheesin cause nurse dude had me doing that all sunday....but like you said I'm chillin cause I don't need him to get crazy one me then again I don't need to get crazy LOL

2:09 PM  
Blogger sonyared said...

Dang! That's alot of eggs girl! well u got your mimosa on! Hectic..isn't that how it is always? Okay..nice.. to Mr.Big Country

Bye the way..yes..whattttzup!!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Miss Ahmad said...

ooh lord!
I just don't think I'm that bacon frying kinda friend truth be told...you are a better friend than me..and i'm not even kidding.

I have a tendency to run a little late when it comes eating time, but I just give my guests appetizers and drinks while I do my kitchen magic!

Sound like Dee is on her way to have her a MAN!

5:02 PM  
Anonymous exhausted said...

Girl I feel ya! My girl and I used to call ourselves "Set-Up Sally and Cleanup Candi" b/c it seemed that our friends used to think we were the set-up and clean up crew for EVERY party!

I'm glad to hear you enjoying "Big Country"! Do your thang girl!

6:37 PM  
Anonymous jasai said...

I hope the next day somebody slid a check in the mail for all that work. Next time, eat drink and go home - you earned it.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Slow Metamorphosis said...

Geez - thats why I hate helping folk cuz they sure know how to take advantage.

5:48 AM  
Blogger BajanQueen said...

I give props to you for your patience....

I hope things go good with you and "Big Country"! *smile*

Take easy.

~Smooches~

5:55 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

GIRL!!! I am so damn excited about you and Big Country =) hehehe

Your a good woman for cooking all the food and then the clean up - I am tired just reading about it. You get major extra points for that one.

Have a good weekend and and good week - while I am laying on the beach LOL. I will get back up with ya the week of the 15th.

BIG HUGS!!

5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home